Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) Vote_lcap1Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) Voting_barSometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) Vote_rcap 
Eupa
Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) Vote_lcap1Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) Voting_barSometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

Number of posts : 4807
Registration date : 2009-03-21

File
Name: Ana Vaight
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) Empty
PostSubject: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:47 pm

A while after Avalon Mansion scene Very Happy

---...---

Ana arrived on the doorstep of her traditional family home, and sighed. Staring up at the door, she couldn't quite find the courage to knock...To sense the pain of her parents...

But she had to.

______

Reginald leapt to his feet from his seat in his extensive library as he felt the wards around his home alert him to his favourite child's prescence. ...Ana was back.

Swiftly swerving between newly-purchased piles of literature soon to adorn the latest wall of bookshelves, he marched briskly to the door, calling for his wife and allowing that brief summons to echo through the hallways. They never spent much time together, and the hall's habit of echoing was useful when communicating from opposite ends of the house.

A deft flick from his wand and the door swung open, Reginald still a good five metres away. "Ana!"

Ana jumped as the door clicked and swung inwards. "...Father."

Reginald beamed, though this became more of a fixed expression as he saw Aiden. "Come in."

Ana slipped inside, hand linked with Aiden's, a united front against her father.

Isabella emerged from the opposite end of the hall, and glided with some grace, and a disapproving expression, to stand beside Reginald. "Where have you been, Ana?"

Reginald interrupted her. "Yes, we must have the whole story. Come, let us proceed to the living room...Bob, bring us refreshments." He ordered the elf, who managed to spontaneously appear long enough to bow to both newcomers and disappear.

Reginald and Isabella led the way to the living room, Isabella sitting in her ordinary armchair, Reginald choosing to stand by the fire instead.

Ana cautiously sat down on a sofa facing both her parents, the coffee table between them possibly able to act as a shield...she began to contemplate this at the back of her mind, careful not to let such thoughts show on her face. "Father. Mother. We have something important to tell you."

"Does it offer explanation for your abscence this past week?" Isabella interjected, a sharp edge in her voice. Reginald gave her a brief stare. Ana had returned, he did not want his wife alienating her. It was bad enough Darien moving out the instant he was able, and marrying that Casillas female...he couldn't stand to see Ana do something similar...

"We shall get to that momentarily my dear." He shushed his wife, the term of endearment made to sound cold and reproachful as opposed to affectionate. He had very little affection for his wife...or her irksome friends. Isabella bristled, but said nothing more.

Bob reappeared, and handed around goblets of wine. His back turned to his master, he gave Aiden an almost imperceptible wink before vanishing into thin air again.

"Am I correct in the assumption that you both were uncontactable for the past week? Some sort of escape from the hassle of work?" Reginald asked, tone light as he directed this question at Aiden. He clearly hoped they had merely taken a spur-of-the-moment holiday or retreat.
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2009-04-24

File
Name: Amy and Aiden Avalon
Blood Rank: Mixed Blood

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Aiden was careful to keep his thoughts silent, as frantic as they were...

He was more nervous being in front of his wifes parents then his... more so these could actually do damage a wheres his would not...

Ever since Day 1 Reginald Vaight said he would kill him of he were ever to become more then "good friends" with his daughter he was shocked he had survived this long..

His hand still rested on top of Ana's ring finger, absently he rubbed it, yet still hid it form view of his new in laws..

" I was with Ana, yes sir.. " he said.. his other hand in his robe, wand close at hand, should he need it.

"Though it wasn't to get away from work... exactly" he said his traveling to Ana... to break the news to them...
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 pm

"Not...exactly." Ana repeated.

Reginald waited. But his patience was soon exhausted. "Procrastination is not an art I expect you to become proficient in, Ana. Explain please."

Ana downed the wine in her goblet, her other hand already grasping her wand.

"We eloped. And got married."

Blunt. To the point. Concise, one could say.

Isabella's eyes widened with shock, and hurt could be plainly seen crossing her face.

"Mother-"

Reginald cut off this sentance by flinging his goblet into the fire. Both and Ana and her mother flinched.

"What did you say?" Reginald now had his back to Ana.

Ana swallowed, her own goblet on the coffee table. "I said, Father, I...I have married Aiden."

There was a silence. A cold, empty silence as the news sunk in. Somehow, the atmosphere changed to one of electric anger. His head snapped round to the side, and the one eye that was visible blazed with anger.

"Do you have any concept of what you've done?!" His voice was soft, but a blazing anger was clear behind them.

Ana flinched again. The words...stung her like a swarm of lightning bees. She felt like a child again, her father's fury emenating from him in waves.
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Aiden moved his hand off her hand went across her back, hating seeing her hurt by her parents reaction. Though expected as it was, one it seem couldn't fully prepare for it.

But he kept his eyes on Reg... he was a dangerous wizard he wouldn't turn his back on him for a moment.

"We married a few days ago.." he said uncertain of what to say really.

"We eloped to prevent conflict" he said not knowing the horror which could have arose had they had a traditional wedding.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Reginald's laugh was mocking, cold, cruel. "Prevent conflict. I see. As conflict is clearly more of a concern than your parents..."

"Don't talk to him like that!" Ana snapped, impulsively.

Reginald spun to face them again. "Silence!"

Isabella inhaled sharply, and rose.

"Mothe-"

"I feel unwell." Isabella informed her husband, who nodded stiffly. "I shall return to my rooms." Her face was devoid of colour, and her eyes glistened with pain. She ignored both Ana and Aiden as though they were not present at all, and walked briskly out of the room, a barely contained sob could be heard as the door shut.

Reginald glowered at his daughter. "Is this peaceful enough for you?"

"Father-" Ana's voice cracked, and she swallowed to keep it steady. "We neve meant to hurt you-"

Her father gave another humourless bark of regalement. ((addicted to that word.))

"So you choose to not only marry one we have never approved, but to do so without so much as a word of warning!" Reginald's voice raised slightly. "We have long tolerated this, for you! We have tolerated beyond what most would demand of us, and now you betray those who permitted you-"

"It is my choice!" Ana's voice was colder. "It was always my choice! I don't need your approval!"

Reginald felt the words spike into his cold heart. He never expected to hear them from Ana. "Why must you be another Darien?!" He bawled at her, and she fought the urge to cower under his gaze.

"Darien doesn't come into this!" She felt the prickling of tears at the back of her eyes. "We didn't come here for verbal abuse! We just-well, it hardly matters." She glared at her father, and stood up. "Let's go Aiden."

Reginald roared. "What, you shall run to your husband's family? What makes you think they shall accept you?! I am your father! This is your family!"

Ana paused, and stared back at Reginald, eyes truly lugubrious. "Then act like one."

Reginald's eyes turned to black. "How could you do this to us Ana? How can you do this to me?" He closed his eyes for a moment. "How?"

Ana felt one tear slide down her cheek. Her father...the man she had admired above all others...he had doted on her as she had on him. And now...

"...I love Aiden, father." Ana felt her shoulders drop in despair.

Reginald sighed, for a moment seeming calm. "So be it."

A loud click sounded, as the exits sealed themselves. Ana swung round as Reginald flicked his wand into his hand.

"I do not tolerate treachery, Ana. I only permitted Darien to leave because I thought I had my ideal heir. I thought you were on my side."

"I am on your side!" Ana disregarded her wand and reached out a hand imploringly to her father. "...Dad-"

Reginald's irises darkened, and appeared almost black. He diverted his gaze to Aiden, daring him to meet his gaze. "I made you a promise...long ago, when you were barely out of childhood." His eyes narrowed. "I did not exact it earlier, as I believed this would fizzle out in time. Now however..." His wand was now raised to chest height.

Ana glanced between Aiden and the wand, and her hand scrabbled to locate her wand, hidden in her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Aiden already had his wand in his hand, and once pointed it at his new father in law.

" I remember, you should have done it when you earlier.. I am shocked you would have waited this long" He said as he dared to met his father in laws gaze. He wasn't a mere boy anymore.. he was a 30 year old man... and now when it mattered most he figured he didn't fear his father in laws wrath.

"Though, if I may say I haven't taken your daughter from you... She more then free to still be your heir. Her family name hasn't been forsaken... not in the least. So, answer me this, why the fuss? And would my death be worth it now Sir? What would it gain on your part... weather I am alive or dead? Nothing.. I love your Daughter Sir, I haven't hurt her in anyway.. Nor to the best of my ability will I ever will." he said, his wand still aimed at Reg's wand.

At the corner of his eye he saw Ana... his wife... yes he would fight to stay with her... Reggie.. (lol) Vaight wouldn't have any control in that.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:07 am

((lol))

Reginald snarled. "You may not have hurt her, but through you she has hurt her own family!"

Ana's fumbling fingers found her wand, and she pointed it at her father. "That's not fair!"

"No. It isn't. After all we've done-It is unfair you betray us like this, Ana!"

"...I didn't-If you'd been there, our whole wedding would have been our parents killing each other! Is that fair Father? Is that f***ing fair?!" Ana fought back her tears of hurt, replacing them with tears of anger.

Reginald glared. "And now what will you do?" He paused, as a thought occured to him. "No doubt you're pregnant or some other excuse. Shall any children you have be taken from their own grandparents, locked away by you two, who are so thoroughly convinced you are the victims?!"

"It's not like you'd want to see them anyway. And there's no possible grounds for you to if you kill my husband!" Her voice rose. "Do you think I'll just come back home as though nothing ever happened?! Are you delusional?!"

"Are you? Do you really believe this can ever work? We shall never accept your new parents-in-law-" he sneered. "And they shall never accept us. Are you really that naive, Ana?"

Ana scowled. "There's nothing you can do about it in any case. We're married. And you cannot change that fact. Ever."

There was a pause.

Ana's voice was cold as she struck the final blow. "Do you really want to lose your other heir, Dad?"

All was silent.

Reginald's mind screamed. He had lost Darien, undoubtably for good...marriage to a Casillas made him totally unacceptable as an heir. His daughter...his old favourite...he had planned for her to be heir...but now-...she had betrayed them. Married in secret, ignored his opinion and advice.

She's more then free to still be your heir. Her family name hasn't been forsaken... not in the least. Aiden's words echoed back across his mind.

His thoughts turned to Darien, and the cold certainty he would never truly know the children of the Casillas-Vaight match. Could he alienate his only other child?

Reginald thought for a moment of Isabella, clearly distressed. He recognised her hurt reflected in his own feelings, and the urge to revenge himself....but how? What could he really do? His anger grew. The hopelessness of the situation was slowly reaching his mind.

And it was irking him even more.

Reginald Vaight did not give in. However, his rational mind stopped him attacking...yet.
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:54 am

Aiden glared back did they really not see why they did what they did?

"We have our own house Sir, it is in both our names we will live there, and no she is not with child at this time.. I asked Ana to marry me and she said yes.. A child had nothing to do with it. And weather any child of ours will know there grandparents... that is up to you.. should you want to accept our future child or children we won't hide them from you. I didn't marry Ana just spite you, you know.' he said.

"And I know you will likely not accept my parents, nor they you. but if I may be straight.. it is not about you or them. You don't even need to meet each other for merlins sake. We will make this work Sir, accepted or not" he said..

He held Ana's hand the one hand free from her wand...

"What do you think he will do?" he asked as a thought over to his wife. His gaze still on Reg.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 am

Reginald absorbed the words, his anger transmuting from aggressive to smouldering rage, much more easily suppressed.

Despite his obsessive opposition to the match, and his hurt at not being informed until now, his base instinct to continue his family line overpowered these...slightly.

He could never fully accept the marriage...but he could never risk losing his future grandchildren.

Ana sighed imperceptibly. ...I don't know...He's...livid....but....He might-heirs and all that are crucial to his life...I don't think he'll throw it away...I hope he won't.

Reginald lowered his wand a fraction of an inch. "Then I suppose any grandchildren will have to have two separate birthdays etc, to avoid family squabbles?" He raised an eyebrow. "Out of interest, are your parents accepting of this...?"

Ana's eyes blazed. "Father-That's not-"

"Let him answer, Ana." His words were like steel, and Ana fell silent out of habit.
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:28 am

Aiden nodded "Mostly likely Sir, I don't think they would complain about it though" he said relaxing only slightly, his guard still up.

"Hmm..to think this could be smoothed over by children we don't even have yet.." he though over.

At Reg's question, Aiden raised an eye brow "It is alright Ana, I am curious as to why he wants to know"

"Likely no better then you and your Wife are accepting it Sir, your reaction are quiet similar... minus the wands... of course" he answered.. Lowering his wand a little as well.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 am

I know, it's almost ironic...

She frowned. Me neither...I want to know what he's thinking...

Reginald's lip curled. He did not want to be associated with, or similar in any way to Aiden's squib parents.

In an instant, his face smoothed over, becoming unfanthomable. "Might I make a suggestion?"

Ana blinked in confusion at the abrupt change in mood.

"As...unforseen as this event was..." Reginald lowered his wand completely and stared into the fire, twirling the wood between his long fingers. "I would much appreciate it if the next Christmas were to be spent...here."

Ana felt a faint swirl of hope. ...He--he might...What do you think, Aiden?
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:59 am

Aiden again raised an eye brow.

"I don't see why not... Odd request though hm? or he just doing this to not be like my parents?"

"Very well Sir, That can be arranged...." he said though he was still suspicious by the odd and... random request.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:06 am

"Excellent." Reginald continued to stare into the fire.

...Who knows? It's...really odd. Ana replied, frowning.

"Father, why are you doing this?"

Reginald sighed. "You complain when I object to your...marriage, and then you complain when I act as you ask."

"Why?"

"...Maybe I do not want to alienate my daughter...or future grandchildren. Is that a crime?"

Ana paused. "I guess not-"

"Don't take this to mean you are forgiven for the pain you've caused." His voice was flint once more. "It merely means I will not lose another child. I suggest you take this as a warning...both of you."
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 am

Aiden blinked "You know he is maybe more creepy when he acts like this" he thought to Ana.

"Yes sir, fair enough" he said lowering his wand, and his arm went around Ana.

Then he took out a pack, they were pictures Amy had taken at the wedding.

"They are pictures of the wedding if they mean anything to you" he said as he set them on the table.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:33 am

Ana almost smiled. I would have to agree...

Reginald paused, turning to glance at the table.

"...Thank you." His voice was not as cold, but more dry and emotionless. "I'm sure my wife would like to see them."

Ana felt a prickling of guilt again, remembering her mother's pained expression. "I guess we'd better get going..."

"I shall expect to see you at Christmas...if not before." Reginald nodded, eyes still fixed on the fire.
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 am

Aiden nodded to Ana and held her hand Getting ready to leave..

"We will likely see one another before then Sir" He said.

"That.. Went better the I thought it would.. well do you want to speak to you mother first? or wait until things have calmed down?." he thought over to Ana.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:09 am

Ana slipped out of the door, pausing just outside, glancing up the stairs.

I think...I'll wait. She won't want to talk to me right now anyway.

Reginald remained in place by the fire, gazing into the depths until he heard the front door slam. Then he reached for the pack of photographs, and began to peruse them.
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:40 am

Aiden nodded and put an arm around her waist.

"Alright, hopeful they will be alright with it after sometime... it could have been worse I was at least expecting him to curse me" he said quietly...

___

The pictures were the magical variety of Ana looking a radiant as usual and Aiden unable to keep his eyes off her.

As well as one of the entire wedding party..
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:45 am

Ana sighed. "Hopefully..."

____

Reginald flicked through the pictures, coming to rest on the whole wedding party.

Instantaneously, he picked out not just his daughter, but his son amongst them.

Darien...Had been invited.

But not him.

Anger boiled in Reginald's mind and the house began to shake.

____

"What the hell?!" Ana glanced around, the walls shaking.

A sharp shove from behind pushed her towards the door. Looking round, she saw Bob struggling to push both her and Aiden out of the quaking house.

"Go! Go! Quickly! The master...Go!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)   Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sometime in Spring 2031 (fixed)
Page 1 of 1