Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? Vote_lcap1The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? Voting_barThe Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? Vote_rcap 
Eupa
The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? Vote_lcap1The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? Voting_barThe Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?

Go down 
+6
Moon Hound Hati
Marie McDore
Eupa
Merciful Heavens
Katheryn Mae Rose Schultz
Lacklustre
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

Number of posts : 5562
Registration date : 2009-03-26

File
Name: Diana Casillas
Blood Rank: Half blood

The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? Empty
PostSubject: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:50 am

Should Lily really have been with James?

Would it have been better if she was with Severus?

Who does she really love?

Did she only marry James by default?

I'm a Lily and James shipper, so I'll debate on that side.
Back to top Go down
Fouth year
Fouth year

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:03 pm

Should Lily really have been with James? Yes.

Would it have been better if she was with Severus? It would depend ... in what way?

Who does she really love? In way way? Severus, because he first told her about magic. But I think James is the one she loves more.

Did she only marry James by default? No. She had a choice! But I still think that was a bit of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabbyheartsfics.proboards.com
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:30 am

Should Lily really have been with James? No

Would it have been better if she was with Severus? Maybe, maybe not. As in she probably still would have died. But Severus might have been able to save her...lots of maybe's there

Who does she really love? Well, JK, said she loved James and thought of Severus as a friend... but I think she loved Severus greatly. He probably pushed her away though.

Did she only marry James by default? Yes, Poor Severus was never given the chance...
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Well, I disagree, I think Severus was given the chance only he was way to ambitious and he wanted power so much that he was willing to sacrifice Lily. But then he realized he was wrong, he was too proud to say so and it was already too late, Lily had already turned to James.

I think James knew that Lily and Severus had a thing going on. Nods. Wow, I just got a plot bunny.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Congratulations on the plot bunny. I could not really care less about this pairing...(I'm a ADMM shipper...) But a nice debate is always nice.

Severus was given the chance??? When?
Back to top Go down
Fouth year
Fouth year

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:19 pm

At first, not sure when, but then Sev called Lilly a "mudblood" and James got ticked off at Sev because of it. I think it was to impress his Slytherin friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabbyheartsfics.proboards.com
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Of course it was. Peer Pressure controls most adolescents... besides Severus' father treated him terribly.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Well no, but I don't think Lily would just run off with James without giving Severus a fair chance.

I mean come on, that's like Hermione going off with Draco just because Ron was being stupid.

((Despite the fact I am a Dramione Shipper, I love Ron/Hermione. And I don't care about this ship either, it's just great to argue because both sides is Canon.))
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:30 pm

((lol, we don't care and yet the debate goes on...ironic, eh?))

Very good, glad to read that you agree with me.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:34 pm

I think Snape was very anti-Harry/Hermione and pro-Ron/Hermione.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

Number of posts : 4807

File
Name: Ana Vaight

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Do you think he (snape) was pro Harry/Ginny?
Back to top Go down
Marie McDore
Second year
Second year
Marie McDore

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 6:23 pm

I don't think Snape would even care because he doesn't exactly like the Weasley family and he loaths Harry, and because they're both in Gryffindor I think that he would just make their life difficult.
Back to top Go down
Moon Hound Hati
Professor
Professor
Moon Hound Hati

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Snape was being a d*@k to Harry simply because he was James Potter's son. He told Voldemort the portion of the prophecy he managed to hear, but when he found out that one of the possible candidates that the prophecy was referring to was Lily's son, he crawled to Dumbledore on all fours and begged him to save the woman he was smitten with, since she would surely be a target. At the same time, he begged Voldemort to do same. He begged the Dark Lord to spare the woman, but only the woman. He did not care what would become of James and Harry.

Severus Snape was a selfish git, and I seriously doubt Lily ever had any romantic feelings for him. Lily was a smart woman and saw Snape for what he was: a friend, but nothing more then that.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:12 am

Hmm...seems as though I am one of the only people here who believes Snape is not all that bad...

Whether or not Lily liked him, Severus liked her.
Back to top Go down
Moon Hound Hati
Professor
Professor
Moon Hound Hati

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 6:41 am

(ignoring HBP and DH for a moment) Snape was petty bastard who enjoyed torturing his students, especially Harry and Neville - Harry for being James' son and Neville for his poor performances at Potions.

It strikes me as fascinating how no one ever took legal action against such bad teacher, especially if there were multiple victims.

Yes, he may have been in love with Lily, but that doesn't make him any less of a git. It only shows his taste in women.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 pm

I think he was just a git because it was his fault that Lily Potter died and as he was forever in love with her, he is guilt-ridden and thus is bitter.

And personally, I would think that Snape was anti-Ginny/Harry. It would have been like an awful dejavu. But I think deep, deep, deep down, he was a person who cared about Harry just because he was Lily's son.
Back to top Go down
Moon Hound Hati
Professor
Professor
Moon Hound Hati

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Lacklustre D. C. wrote:
I think he was just a git because it was his fault that Lily Potter died and as he was forever in love with her, he is guilt-ridden and thus is bitter.

And personally, I would think that Snape was anti-Ginny/Harry. It would have been like an awful dejavu. But I think deep, deep, deep down, he was a person who cared about Harry just because he was Lily's son.

Yeah, so he may have been bitter, but I think he was a git even before that. Though probably not as much as later on.

I don't think Snape was pro or anti anything. Really, why would he give a damn about which student is with which student? If he was, then that would have been quite disturbing. pale
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:02 pm

I was merely commenting on how the relationships of the generations in Harry Potter mirror each other.

Hermione was like Lily in smarts (not to mention she was a Muggle-Born), Ginny was like Lily in looks. I think Snape identified more with Ron than with Harry because Harry was very much a sucess and Ron isn't as much.
Back to top Go down
Moon Hound Hati
Professor
Professor
Moon Hound Hati

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Quote :
Ginny was like Lily in looks.

I think the only thing Lily and Ginny had in common in terms of looks is the hair colour. Besides, would you date a girl that looks like your Mum? I wouldn't.

Quote :
I think Snape identified more with Ron than with Harry because Harry was very much a sucess and Ron isn't as much.

I don't think Snape was as unsucceful as you think. He was a Potions Master after all. He also managed to make some spells during his school years, I believe. Which would, in my mind, not be something the average student could achieve. I'm not sure, but I think he scribbled it into that potions book Harry used in HBP. Ron was just lazy as hell and that's why he never achieved anything during his school years while Snape obviously was a hard worker.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

Number of posts : 3366
Registration date : 2009-03-22

File
Name: Amaranth Viper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:11 am

Moon Hound Hati wrote:
Quote :
Ginny was like Lily in looks.

I think the only thing Lily and Ginny had in common in terms of looks is the hair colour. Besides, would you date a girl that looks like your Mum? I wouldn't.

Quote :
I think Snape identified more with Ron than with Harry because Harry was very much a sucess and Ron isn't as much.

I don't think Snape was as unsucceful as you think. He was a Potions Master after all. He also managed to make some spells during his school years, I believe. Which would, in my mind, not be something the average student could achieve. I'm not sure, but I think he scribbled it into that potions book Harry used in HBP. Ron was just lazy as hell and that's why he never achieved anything during his school years while Snape obviously was a hard worker.

He's got a point. If Ron had actually tried to do anything besides whine all the time about his life he could have been fairly successful too.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 9:00 am

Hey guys, I don't mean literally.

Of course Ginny wasn't Lily. But I think the parallel is hard to ignore. Red-headed, popular, Gryffindor girl. Also, there have been psychological theories which support the idea of a son marrying someone like his mother. Now I'm not saying that Harry might have an Oedipus Complex but... I'm just saying, Harry/Ginny is just a cruel reminder for Snape of what had happened.

Snape wasn't as sucessful as he would have wanted. And James was always in the spotlight where he wanted to be. He was of course dead jealous of James. Doesn't that remind you of a certain red-headed Gryffindor? But of course Snape and Ron are two different people. I mean Ron and Harry are friends and Ron got over his jealousy. Snape well, he's just Snape.

Also I don't think we should belittle Ickle Ronnie here. I mean sure he isn't as smart as Hermione or Harry, but the books do hint he is more then a whiner. I mean he did get into the Chamber of Secrets, and the Chess Game in year one (you can't be a stupid person to play chess), etc. Also I don't think Hermione/Ron relationship would be sucessful if he was just a lazy bum. And we know that it is so really in awhile Ron's accomplished more than Snape. I mean sure he hasn't invented Sectusempra, but he has a brilliant wife, a best friend that would do anything for him and no bitter regrets.
Back to top Go down
Zabby Gallagher
Fouth year
Fouth year

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:25 am

I'm on the fence on this pairing. I've written for James and Lily, but I've also written for Snape and Lily.

I used to think that Snape was Lily's half brother, making him Harry's uncle. But that was just wild speculation on my part.

I agree with Lustre on this. There are parallels JKR played on. Lily and Ginny are similar in looks by their hair. Snape and Ron were both in the shadow by a Potter. James and Harry respectivly.

But, Snape did have a chance with Lily. If he hadn't called her Mudblood, they might have had a chance. James stepped in and showed how much of a gentleman he could be. But remember, James was a jerk to Lily before, and Snape was there for her. It makes me sad that Snape was that big of a git to lose Lily.

But, also, Snape, I think, cared for Harry in his own, twisted way. And if given the chance, probably could have been a good father.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Seventh year
Seventh year
Raven

Number of posts : 1429
Registration date : 2009-06-08

File
Name: Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 2:15 am

I say Snape and Lilly. James just doesn't seem like the right type for her, i was really mad when James took Lilly from Snape, though it was sort of Snape's fault for calling her a mudblood, but still they looked really well together. But no offense to the Lilly/James.

Also Ginny and Harry make a horrible couple, i really think so lol. I just think they really don't go well together.

lol this post is old xD maybe i can bring it back up again (i highly doubt it so much confidence in myself xD)
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:11 pm

I don't think Lily cared that much when he called her Mudblood in Order. I mean come on, I think that's easily forgivable. I don't think she's that shallow. I think it comes down to this: James was willing to change for Lily, Snape was not. Snape was more concerned with his ambition rather than getting Lily.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Seventh year
Seventh year
Raven

Number of posts : 1429
Registration date : 2009-06-08

File
Name: Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:42 am

true that is reasonable, but she seemed REALLY upset with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?   The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Debate: LilyxSeverus or LilyxJames?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next