Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
Lessons and Homework EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
Lessons and Homework EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
Lessons and Homework EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
Lessons and Homework EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
Lessons and Homework EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
Lessons and Homework EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
Lessons and Homework EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
Lessons and Homework EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
Lessons and Homework EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
Lessons and Homework Vote_lcap1Lessons and Homework Voting_barLessons and Homework Vote_rcap 
Eupa
Lessons and Homework Vote_lcap1Lessons and Homework Voting_barLessons and Homework Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

Lessons and Homework

Go down 
+5
Amy Avalon
Chunchkin
Eupa
Merciful Heavens
Headmistress Kiara
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

Lessons and Homework Empty
PostSubject: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:34 am

All lessons and homework will be placed here by Professor Eglantine DeLanquar (Merciful Heavens)
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:03 am

Professor DeLanquar waited patiently in front of her desk as the students filed in. She was careful to note that they all the correct books and only one student appeared to have no idea which book to use, as he had brought every textbook needed for all of Hogwarts classes.

"Good morning, students. I am Professor Eglantine DeLanquar and I will be teaching you the fine art of Transfiguration." She noted that most of the students looked interested and that the only ones who didn't appear interested were probably confused.

Although she could have used magic, DeLanquar wrote their subject for the day on the chalkboard, with her elegant slanted handwriting.

"The Basics of Transfiguration"

"Now, Transfiguration is the changing of the form and appearance of an object." The words wrote themselves on the board as she spoke and she was content to see the students hurriedly scribbling the notes down with their quills. "It can be quite useful in everyday ways such as changing an unneeded object into something required. Transfiguration, like Charms requires diligence, correct wand motions and correct pronunciation of an incantation. Do not make the mistake though of thinking it is simple. Transfiguration is, my opinion, the most dangerous of any of the classes here at Hogwarts. Therefore I will require your full attention and your best efforts."

Pausing to clear her throat, Professor DeLanquar continued.

"We will begin with a simple demonstration." She accioed a box full of matches from her desk. "I will show you the proper wand motions and then you will each practice transfiguring these matches into needles."

With no trouble, Professor DeLanquar showed the class the correct way to transfigure the match into the needle and then motioned for one of the students to pass out the matches.
"Remember to do exactly as I did. For further examples open your books to the fourth page, there is a diagram there of the correct wand movements."

The class busily transfigured their matches into needles for a good ten minutes. At the point where they had successfully turned a match into a needle, Professor DeLanquar taught them how to change it back. Thus the lesson continued.

"I will write your homework assignment down as you finish transfiguring your needles all back into matches."

As she wrote out the homework, Professor DeLanquar transfigured the box of matches into a black raven, much to the delight of the students.
"Class dismissed."

--------------

1) Transfiguration is the art of what?(2 points)

2) Name the three requirements for correct transfigurations?(5 points)

3) True of False; Transfiguration is impractical (2 points)

((For extra credit)), Name the law of wizarding physics which states what powers magic has to create or destroy matter. You will need to look this up in the library (Harry Potter Wiki) (10 points)

PM me the answers.

Homework is due March 30th
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:21 am

The Transfiguration class made their way into the room a bit slowly. Professor DeLanquar was nowhere to be seen and some began to wonder if they had come to the wrong class.

"We will begin immediately with Fera Verto." The class hurried to take their seats as Professor DeLanquar appeared from almost nowhere and began writing hurriedly on the board.

"The wand movements are to tap 3 times then point to the animal. You will each be given a bird to try it on and then I want you to write a paragraph about how you think it works. ((note this is for RP only)) Begin."

Flustered and no doubt confused, the students each received a sedate raven and began to look to the board. Each of them just stared though as everything besides the incantation, including the homework that had been written beneath, was all written in German.

Eglantine finished handing out the birds. "I will return shortly." she said quickly limping into her office and closing the door.

((feel free to RP...))
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 am

The class immediately froze when Eglantine entered. Without a word they all scattered back into their chairs and looked expectantly at her hoping for an explanation and maybe a change to the board.

Professor DeLanquar saw the board and sighed. German and Gaelic were her better languages; as she had learned both before English. With a flick of her wand she erased the board and changed the instructions to English.

After quickly seeing that half of the birds had been transfigured and the other half had mostly flown away, she decided to conclude the class.

"Be sure to hand your paragraphs in next class period and homework is not optional."

1.) Name the proper incantation to change a living creature into a goblet. (2 points)
2.) Correctly list the wand movements to preform the above spell. (3 points)
3.) Define what an Animagi is. (3 points)
4.) Name a transfiguration spell of your choice and how it is used. (2 points)

The class hurried to write down the now-English homework problems and within moments of being dismissed, hurried to their other classes that they were now late for.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

Number of posts : 4807
Registration date : 2009-03-21

File
Name: Ana Vaight

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:26 pm

That was a weird lesson. Ana wondered why Professor DeLanquar had just wandered off part way through. Not that she was complaining, it had been amusing to watch the Gryffindors struggle through.
German.
Interesting, but not difficult. Ana spoke a little German, and wrote down all the instructions onto a parchement and muttered a spell her brother had taught her. Instant translation.
Brilliant.
Smirking, Ana made sure she showed the Slytherins the translation, leaving the other houses to muddle through.
Ana smirked. Perhaps it would be better to say they could muggle through.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 am

Eglantine was dreading her class, even as she watched the students file in. Muggle Studies had been difficult enough. Ever since the troll attack, her entire body was often wracked with uncontrollable tremors and pain.

As soon as the last student was seated, Professor DeLanquar snapped into her teaching mode.
"Please turn in your textbooks to page 32. There you will find a coloured anatomy chart of an average hare. The proper incantation will be written on the board and you will be transfiguring the stone paperweights into healthy hares." With a flick of her wrist, a stone paperweight appeared in front of each child.

Using floating chalk as before, Eglantine had the incantation written on the board.
"Now it is very important to pronounce the incantation correctly or else your hare will be missing some parts or something."

"Begin." She moved to be seated behind her classroom desk and began grading a few essays that she had not gotten around to the day before.

~Feel free to Rp~
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Ana opened her textbook and glanced at the chart, then at the incantation on the board.
A healthy hare...preferably with all limbs. That was the outcome she wanted.
She raised her wand and cast the incantation...Then snorted with laughter. A headless hare. That was pretty funny.
Controlling her laughter, she tried again.
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:38 pm

Katya walked in the room. Not even glancing at her teacher, she sat down next to a Slytheirn girl who looked like she was having a spastic attack. "Hey." Katya turned her vortex black eyes to bore into this girl's.((really bad, but im tired. lol))
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Ana turned to face the newcomer.
"...hi..."
She noticed the girl glaring at her and raised an eyebrow, returning the glare coldly.
"And you are?" She asked, in an epxressionless voice.
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:43 pm

"Huh." Katya raised an eyebrow, mirroring the girls expression. "I'm Katya, and jeez no wonder you have no-one to sit next to." She grinned. "Kidding. I'm here to spy on my sad sister..."
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Ana smiled slightly.
"Well, I had to perfect my glare to persuade Griffyndors etc, that they should sit somewhere else...Who's your sister? I might know her. Is she in Slytherin?"
All this talk of siblings made Ana think of Darien. She just hoped he wouldn't get into too much trouble, especially as the whole animagus thing was almost her fault...
With that in mind, she decided to help him. It was all her fault...
She jerked her mind back to the conversation and waited for the girl to reply.

Last edited by Eupa on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:06 pm

"April in Ravenclaw. She's like, a total sad case. Even animals hate her."Katya giggled. "And don't worry, I'm in Slytherin. Though your idea about having a glare to ward off Gryffs and Huffs and god knows who else is quite good..." Katya glared her famous glare. "Well, it's good enough for now." Katya stared at the board. "Is that all? Wow. I thought Hogwarts was a good school!" She waved her wand and all of a sudden, the paperweight turned not into a hare, but into a miniature dragon. "Easy..." she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Ana moved her hand as the dragon tried to burn her.
"April's your sister?!"
Ana silently cast the spell again, but her hare was still missing the tip of one ear. Another cast and it was fully formed.
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:20 pm

"Sadly, yes." She pointed her wand at the dragon. "Crucio." She whispered so quietly that only the girl could hear. Then, with another wave of her wand, the poor dargon was put out of its misery.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Ana flinched inwardly. Two unforgivables... This girl was crazy!
She carefully decided how to respond.
"Watch out, DeLanquar'll kill you if she notices that."
She glanced up at the professor, then back to her hare, which she immobolised.
"Your sister is a total goody-goody..." She rolled her eyes. "And she keeps giving me weird looks."
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2009-04-24

File
Name: Amy and Aiden Avalon
Blood Rank: Mixed Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:04 pm

The twins were quick concidering they shared there knowledge of all the books they read. What the other may have forgotten the other would remember.

Aiden very talented in transfiguration, Amy was decent but for her brother is came easily.

"No, Amy like this... see it ears need to be longer"

Amy humfed "Know it all" as she cast the spell to get a hare identical to her brothers.
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:27 pm

"Yeah I know. She's a total psycho. Mom and Dad hate her as well!" Katya looked up at Prof. and back to the girl. "So, what's your name?" Katya giggled. "Jeez, this is crazy. You've just seen me crucio and avada a mini dragon and I still don't know your name! Are you gonna tell?" Katya added threateningly.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 pm

"Chill, I'm not a snitch. I'm Ana Vaight." Ana grinned.
"Although, I should warn you, your sister has it in for me and my brother. I mean, you create some practically harmless mayhem and what do you get? Told on by April."
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:34 pm

"Ha! Do I know what you're talking about! I mean, one time when she was six, I accidentally poisoned her..." Then, when the girl raised her eyebrows, Katya said, "It was an accident!!!...Kinda...Well, anyway, she saw me practicing magic, and I wasn't supposed to, so she just ran to mum and dad and snitched. That's kinda hy she had her first attack..." Katya grinned menacingly. "So, Ana, have you ever performed Imperio?" This conversation was starting to get interesting...
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Ana chose her words carefully.
"No...I'm waiting until I leave school so I don't get kicked out. My parents would have a fit."
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:39 pm

"HA! As if my parents could care any less! I got kicked out of Beaubaxtons, and all they said was, 'It as good while it lasted'. I mean, talk about child neglection!" Katya's mind swam with memories. "They're just happy I'm not a Squib. My birth mom died when I was young though. I guess I always thought I got my amazingly bad temper from her..."
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:44 pm

"My parents would have killed me if I'd been a squib." Ana rolled her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:46 pm

"I know right. My dad would have neglected me as much as 'psycholoser'."Katya seriously wondered what would have happened if she had become like her freak sister. "Ew..."
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:51 pm

"Psycholoser's April right?" Ana winced. "I'm also glad you're not like her. Two Aprils does not bear thinking about!"
Back to top Go down
Chunchkin
Sixth year
Sixth year
Chunchkin

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:52 pm

"Well then, you're definately glad you weren't there when my cloning potion went wrong!" Katya laughed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Homework   Lessons and Homework Empty

Back to top Go down

Lessons and Homework
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next