Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) Vote_lcap1Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) Voting_barAbove Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) Vote_rcap 
Eupa
Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) Vote_lcap1Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) Voting_barAbove Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

Number of posts : 1945
Registration date : 2009-05-03
Location : Depends on the character and their state of mind. xD

File
Name: Sevastyan Kaminski
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) Empty
PostSubject: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:08 am

The Inner Sanctum would have been a well-guarded area in its former days, what with being the room that leads down to Morpheus Keep. It is highly ornate with a creamy ivory being its main color. It would seem as though the architect couldn't decide whether or not to make this room circular or octagonal...

In the center of the floor are a total of seven effigies - images of fallen men of influence or honor to the initial Heads of this Church. They almost look like knights... crusaders, perhaps? Not unlike The Remnant, some might say...

Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) 4a16re2

Along the marble floor, one will notice five strategically-placed cobblestones in the shape of a four-leaf clover. Those in the know are aware that the one with a Star of David engraved in its precise center is the pressure-plate needed to access Morpheus Keep.

Stepping on the plate will cause what sounds like a thunderous fall of boulders, but in actuality causes an ages-old mechanism to lift the effigy of The Unnamed Poet-Knight up from its place on the floor, revealing the stone stairway into the Tunnel Corridor of the secret area now inhabited by The Remnant. Even though one must step off the plate to enter, they will have sixty precious seconds to get there and down the stairs before the effigy once again descends. Some of the little ones may need to actually jump on the plate for the pressure to register.

Alternately, provided they can move them, there are a grand total of three urns about the room. Removing them from their pedestals, one will find that the bottoms of all three would fit perfectly onto a certain four-leaf clover-shaped area...

Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) VaticanCityandSt-19

You are about to enter......................

Morpheus Keep

... Mind your head on the way back up, though!
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

Number of posts : 5562
Registration date : 2009-03-26

File
Name: Diana Casillas
Blood Rank: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:09 pm

Will was headed out again, however, a few of the effigies caught his eye. He stood there, musing quitely on who or what these effigies were for.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

Number of posts : 3366
Registration date : 2009-03-22

File
Name: Amaranth Viper

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Lara entered the effigy room, intent on re-entering Morpheus Keep after a flight, only to find Will there once more, studying the effifies.

"Nifty little rocks, aren't they?" Lara asked, heading over to stand by him to study what he was looking at.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:18 pm

"Yeah," Will said distractedly. "They are pretty cool. I wonder who they are..."

"Tell me about your father." Will said suddenly. He then realized it might a question that was too personal. "I mean, you don't have to... I was just thinking about my own parents..."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Lara stiffened upon hearing her father brough into the conversation, feeling a lump of emotion in her throat. "He was... the greatest man alive. He sacrificed his life for me, Demyan, Lynn and her." Lara replied, deliberately skipping over her mother.

She smiled softly at Will. "Yeah, your folks were real nice people. I don't remember a whole lot, but enough to totally get why you would miss them."
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Will nodded and sighed. "I don't remember them much either, sometimes... sometimes I feel angry at myself... I feel like I should remember more... But I can barely remember what they look like... only pictures refresh my memory..."

He didn't exactly no why he was telling her these things. He never really told anyone them. Only his sister. To everyone else he'd say that he'd remember his parents clearly. He was embarrassed that he couldn't remember anything else... he knew it was stupid but it just felt like to him that people might think that he didn't miss them that much if he couldn't remember them.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Lara looked down, focusing her gaze on the effigy so she wouldn't have to make eye contact. "Same here. It's crazy, really. Lynn looks so much like Dad... and Demyan looks so much like her, yet sometimes I just can't remember exactly what he looked like. Which is why I look at this quite often." she explained as she revealed the signet ring on a chain around her neck that had an image of her parents on the jewel.

Lara didn't know exactly why she was telling Will all these things. She wasn't one to sit and chit-chat about the past, especially her parents. She'd never revealed the ring to anyone else and wasn't even sure her siblings knew she had it. But there was something about Will that seemed to easily coax out all Lara's innermost secrets out of her and leave her with the sense that anything she may utter to him wouldn't leave this room.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:01 pm

"I always wondered what you looked at." Will said looking at ring across her neck. "Was it your parents'?"

He took his hands out of his leather jacket. On his right hand was a golden band. "This was my father's ring."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Lara nodded. "Father's. It was a Christmas present form her."

"Your father's wedding ring?" she replied in a half-statement, half question. Briefly she wondered whatever happened to her own parent's wedding rings, if they had died with them.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Will nodded. "My sister has my mother's, she gave it to her just before she died and my father gave me his just before he did."

"Listen Lara, don't take this the wrong way but... Why do you refer to your mother like that? As a pronoun, like she wasn't your mother."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:55 pm

The teen nodded in comprehension. "That's what happened with our parents and their lockets. Demyan and Lynn have them."

Lara sighed. "Referring to her as a pronoun is about the politest thing I can do. If I call her what I really want to call her, it upsets Demyan and Lynn. After all she's done she deserves it..." she muttered.

"Don't you ever feel...angry... at your parents? You know, for leaving you and your siblings all by yourselves?" Lara asked, biting her lip lightly, hoping she wasn't the only one occasionally feeling that way. Not to mention the odd, unknown reason why Lara cared what Will thought of her...
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:03 pm

"I did... I do." Will said. He did sometimes feel that way about his mother and father. Afterall, he was just six at the time his father died, and even younger when his mother died. And Elizabeth didn't even have decent memories of them. "But... I don't think it was their fault... I mean, with the bloody Purgers it was out of their control... Dad was only trying to get justice for what happened to Mum... when he was killed."

He looked at Lara in the eye. "I mean isn't that what your mother did?"
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:09 pm

Lara broke her gaze from the effigy to meet Will's. "No. She left us with strangers to go get revenge." she replied, but in a softer tone she added. "She broke her promises."
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 10:43 pm

He was glad that Lara looked at her. He brushed a strain of hair away from her face. "What promises?" Will ask her.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 am

Lara flinched from the contact, awkwardly pulling back. "What does it matter? They were all broken so what good are they?"
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:13 am

Will felt a very unpleasant feeling when Lara pulled back. He put his hands back in his pocket. "I'm sorry."

He sighed and backed away slightly. "I didn't mean to pry."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:40 am

"No, you weren't. It's just... hard to explain." Lara replied, feeling a little guilty for shoving Will away, especially judging by how he looked when she pulled back.

Wanting to change the subject, she asked Will. "Are you going to go by another name for the future?"
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:18 pm

"I hadn't really thought about it..." Will quickly reverted back to his old less serious self and walked over to examine a chip on the wall. "I suppose I should though, huh? I mean the last thing I want to do is give my parents a heart-attack. Now that would be counter-productive."

"I'll make my name something cool..." He turned back and grinned at her. "What about... Brad Pitt?"
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:35 pm

Lara wrinkled her nose. "Ok, I know the guy must've been a stud when he was younger, but by now he's probably a scrawny old raisin! I don't want that image in my mind whenever I look at you!"
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Will laughed at that. "Yeah, and I think back then, they'd know who Brad Pitt was and I suppose that wouldn't be much of a cover..."

"What's your secret name?"
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Lara nodded with an amused expression. "No kiddding."

"Right now it's Lorraine Halliwell, but I might change it. Not too sure yet." she shrugged. "Depends if I find a niftier name."
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:49 pm

"Lorraine Halliwell." Will repeated, trying the name out. "Sounds good. That'll probably be Lorry for sort then right?"
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:51 pm

"Basically. I figure it'll be an easier transition. Lara - Lorry, ya know? I'm tempted to go by Ana Conda though!" Lara laughed.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:58 pm

"Now that's something." Will chuckled.

"I'd probably go by Robert though - my middle name." Will said. "Well alright, it's Roberto...." He then stopped. "Why am I giving you more ammunition?"
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:02 pm

"Maybe I'll get Lynn to go by it. Her name means noble snake anyway."

Lara snickered at the revelation of Will's middle name. "Well then I have the perfect nickname for you!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)   Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room) Empty

Back to top Go down

Above Ground: Inner Sanctum (Effigy Room)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next