Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) Vote_lcap1Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) Voting_barUnderground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) Vote_rcap 
Eupa
Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) Vote_lcap1Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) Voting_barUnderground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

Number of posts : 1945
Registration date : 2009-05-03
Location : Depends on the character and their state of mind. xD

File
Name: Sevastyan Kaminski
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) Empty
PostSubject: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Click for Interior View

Though the Keep is old, this kitchen is fairly modern with equal parts magic and patience on the parts of the Keep's founders. With fourteen people to feed, it's apparent that a separate dining hall is mandatory, and thus that is where the only other archway leads to. One is able to access the Dining Hall via a doorway connected to the Tunnel, though.

The pantry connected to the kitchen is well-stocked; foodstuffs having been accumulated beforehand by the Co-Founders. In regards to other perishable goods and essentials, a well-placed glamor charm makes solo or paired missions to the grocery possible.

Because of the sheer amount of people living in the Keep, it is essential to keep the cooking surfaces, containers, and implements very clean. And, though there is an electric dishwasher, not all dishes can be washed with the machine.

C'mon in here to whip up a meal, a snack, do the dishes, or simply watch the goings on from the doorway. It's not exactly like watching Iron Chef... but with the current jumble of novice to intermediate-advanced cooks about, mealtimes will certainly be interesting around here!
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:17 am

Rossalyn grumbled as she stared at the cook book.. she hated cooking she always ended up burning or cutting her self.

But it was one thing Tav and Ed still bugged her over, not being able to boil water without hurting her self. She swore to this day someone cursed her to be awful in the kitchen.

She was chopping some veggies careful not to cut herself, but she totally forgot about the boiling pot of... something to her right and it over spilled all over her hand.

"Oh! ouch!.. not again," she ran over to the sink and ran cool water over it.

"Damn it... Why couldn't I be like mum, can't burn" she said enviously.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:27 am

Demyan had been in the Commons when he heard a female voice shout. The door from there to the Dining Hall had been left open, and it wasn't much of a walk from where he was to the kitchens. Not to mention sound traveled quite a ways. Curious as to what was going on, Demyan got up and headed toward the kitchen.

When he got there, the teenage boy noticed Rossalyn McConn running her hand under some water from the sink. Had she cut herself? he wondered, noting the knife and mostly-chopped vegetables. "Are you all right?" he asked, his emerald eyes just as concerned as the rest of his face.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:46 am

Rossalyn stiffened and turned her head and she smiled when she saw Demyan.
"Oh yeah it is all good, just another burn.." she said with a laugh.

"Surely you heard what a disater I am in the kitchen?... cursed I swear" she said as she pulled out a burn releif potion, put a little into the red bluch of skin on her hand.

Then she seemed to remember who she was speaking to "Here I am complaining about a burn to you and you don't even not what one feels like" she said with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:23 am

Demyan laughed with her, assuming because she laughed that it must be alright. His Aunt Dessa always fussed when she noticed he'd burned himself without realizing, but he never felt a thing. She'd said his mother had a similar condition that prevented her from feeling pain.

"I might've heard once... maybe twice..." Demyan teased lightly and watched as she tended to her injury. "Isn't there supposed to be a countercurse?"

The Kaminski boy shook his head and chortled. "Don't vorry about it - just because I can't feel heat doesn't mean I don't get burned... see?" he replied with an accidental twinge of accent but just as good-naturedly and revealed a small scar on his inner left wrist, clearly from a cooking-related burn of some sort.

"Erm... can I help out at all?" he asked. It wasn't like he had anything better to do at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Rossalyn nodded, she had heard of the few Viper's unable to feel pain or the extremes temperatures as Hot and Cold. Me mum was like that kinda, only she was immune to heat completely. Couldn't burn either... I wish I was like that"

Rossa laughed at his teasing, about a countercurse, "If there is I have not found it yet"

She nodded when he showed her his burn, form the look of it it had been a pain one if he had been able to feel it.

When he offered to help she politely shook her head. "I was almost done, just need to let the veggies for wee bit, and it is good" she said as she turned the temerature down on the pot and put the dieced Veggies in.

"Ed owns me a galleon, he bet me I would cut meself this time, but I didn't. I am getting better" she said with a chuckle.

"So Demyan, what are you up to? not on cooking duty obviously" she asked curious.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:04 am

Demyan smiled, somewhat sadly, as Rossalyn spoke of her own mother. Shortly thereafter, though, he nodded. It would be nice to be completely immune to heat.

At the refusal, Demyan was far from disappointed. Potions were more his calling than actual cooking. "Alright... need some company while you wait?" he asked and sat at one of the chairs in the kitchen before she could either accept or deny.

He chortled at the news as well. "That's good. I hate cutting myself: makes me wish I'd inherited Mum's inability to feel all pain, as opposed to it just being heat and heat-related pain I can't feel..." A twinge of sadness laced his words.

The teenager laughed and immediately answered, "No, not on kitchen duty... and I haven't been up to much. Just biding my time until we decide whether or not we're heading back to the past. You?"

Demyan paused, wondering if she would think he was a little touched in the head for even suggesting the church above was in fact haunted. "Um... y'know that pipe organ in the chapel? The one someone claimed was haunted?" he asked, wondering what Rossalyn knew about it.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:30 am

Rossalyn smiled happily at the offer of company, "Sure of course, i'd love it" she said setting a timer for 10 minutes so she wouldn't forget about the simmerng food on the stove.

Rossa blinked, she hadn't really expected him to talk about his mother. The Kaminski parents she knew were a touchy subject with the siblings, she had heard of there deaths through her mother. Most notably about Sevastyan Kaminski, her mother cried for days after his death, and she had been greatly upset as well when she found out about Amaranth Kaminski's death as well. Both killed by Purgers.

She didn't miss the saddness in his voice when he spoke about her, she didn't comment though on the thought that came to her mind.

If you couldn't feel the sting of a cut it was safe to assume that you wouldn't know it was there. Didn't want to bleed to death. She didn't say anything.

When he asked what she had been up to she said "Nothing much, I guess, writing, singing, reading the works you know.... and Hoping they call meeting for the time travel thing sometime. Can you imagine what It would be like seeing our parents alive agian? I can''t even begin yet'

Rossa blinked in interest when he mentioned the haunted church hall, she always loved any stories to do with ghosts, and knowing ghosts were indeed real she wouldn't be surprised if there was something up there.

"Yeah, you went up there? cool! What did you see?" she asked with a note of ecitment in her voice.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:42 am

Demyan offered Rossalyn something that resembled a smile or a smirk - likely something in between the two - and nodded his thanks at her acceptance.

"Yes... I'm hoping Tav and Val call a meeting soon. At least, in a way..." he replied seriously, though couldn't help but recall Lucifer The Ghost's lecture. Despite how much he hated to admit the older wizard was right, it riled Demyan to no end. Even now, he could feel the hair on his arms standing on end, slowly turning into scales. He needed to stop thinking about the anger and focus on something else...

Rossalyn thankfully - whether she was aware of it or not - had provided the distraction. Demyan blinked as he actually thought about his parents. Or at least the one that mattered most to him. "I've tried to imagine... managed to snag some pictures of Mum before the purgers attacked our Manor. I wonder just how far back we'll go...?"

"I did more than go up there - I played the 'haunted' pipe organ, too," he stated proudly. "Which really is haunted, by the way! ...There's three ghosts up there that I met: Malachite, Lucifer, and Maximus," Demyan explained, though by his voice it was clear that 'Lucifer' was not on his favorites list. "It was a... mixed conversation, to say the least, but at least Maxi was funny! I rather liked him. Mal wasn't too bad. Bit intense, but not bad. I wouldn't go near 'Luci' though: bit of a temper, that one..." the lad explained with a slight laugh. Part of it was genuine laughter, while another was to shake off the remaining anger that lingered at the man-turned-very-pessimistic-ghost.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:26 pm

Rossalyn nodded, and she rised her eye brow as she noticed his mood darken and the tell tail sighs he was turning in to his snake form. She frowned, wondering what Demyan was thinking

"Is there something wrong?" she asked, concern in her voice, she was always very sensitive to others emotions.

"I've tried to imagine... managed to snag some pictures of Mum before the purgers attacked our Manor. I wonder just how far back we'll go...?"

"Hmm I have been thinking about them alot more lately' when she said them she clearly meant her mother and father.

"When I read poetry I hear me Dad's voice saying the words. When I write or play a song it is me Mum singing....." she said sadly.

"I am not sure how far back we will go.... But I have a feeling it will be when Tav, and Val were kids....before the Purger took over the government. Seems like the most critical time if ask me. Although I wonder what we will do exactly when we get there? I mean do you think they would believe us? Our story does sound rather unbelieveble.." She supplied.

As Demyan talked about the ghosts in the Pip organ Rossalyn listened in interest, and her curiousity was sparked. She wanted to meet these ghosts, though she had a feeling she would not get along with the ghost Demyan had named "Luci"... What ever the ghost had said to anger Demyan so much it must have been bad, or insulting. She already knew insulting Demyan Kaminski was a bad Idea.

"Sounds like you had a rather interesting venture, Now you have me curious" she said with a smile.

" I didn't know you could play the Pipe organ Demyan?"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 6:37 am

When Rossalyn asked if there was something wrong, Demyan thought hard about whether or not to give a straight answer. He didn't want to frighten the girl - that was counterproductive to their goal, it seemed. Proposition, really. He decided to wait until he actually told her about the ghosts before saying right off that one had rubbed him severely the wrong way.

Demyan nodded when she mentioned how certain actions of late reminded her of a given parent. "When I play an instrument, I remember my mum sitting next to me on the bench and offering tips or trying to steer my hands in the right direction without making me hit a wrong note," he offered, though didn't say a word about his father. The teen felt he had good reason to leave his other parent out of the conversation.

"Tav and Val as kids! Now, that'll surely be a sight!" Demyan replied, adequately perked up at the moment by that thought. "Wonder if they'll be any different then than they are now?!"

"As for the rest of it, I can't even speculate. I mean, we're supposed to stop the attacks from happening... but precisely how do we manage that without attempting to round them all up in one place and doing away with the lot of them?

"And I think a lot of belief in what we'll have to say will depend upon the individual. My mum will surely think we're nutters escaped from the loony bin... I'm betting either your parents or Horatio might have the best-receiving ears," Demyan voiced his opinions willingly. Though he didn't ask, his emerald eyes had a curiosity as to her opinions on who would be the most receptive of their tale.

He smiled when Rossalyn did, though it was another of those hybrid countenances. On the one hand, having a second member of The Remnant aware of and trusting toward the ghosts was just a small step in what they - Remnant and ghosts - needed. On the other hand Demyan really didn't want her near Lucifer. "Interesting... that's one way to put it," Demyan echoed and then elaborated.

"My mum taught me to play piano, before she... before she left. I can pretty much play any instrument with keys now. Organ's pretty fun... do you know how to play it?" Demyan explained, and then asked.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:07 am

Rossalyn smiled at the thought, Mrs, Kaminski must have been good at the piano to teach her young son at the time in how to play. If she remembered over hearing her mother correctly at the time she heard of Mrs. Kaminski's death, Demyan would have only been 7 or 8.

She laughed at his statement about Tav as a kid. "According to me Mun Tav was a talkative "sweet, and cute" boy who asked the weirdest questions" she said in amusement.

She shook her head at the thought of what they would do to change things for the better, she really wasn't sure.

"Easier said then done Aye? I think that statement applies very well here." she said as she shook her head.

"Hmm yeah I think if you can give me Mum a logical and undeniable story and proof to back it up she will will believe us, and I think if we can convince her the others are more likely to give us a chance to... like.." she halted and looked away from Demyan for a bit. She almost mentioned his father. She had heard a lot of good things about Sevastyan Kaminski from her Mother. Even after his death she still talked about him abet sadly though. Never once had she heard Demyan mention his father, she didn't quite understand why but she let it alone.

She found it ironic, Lara was the exactly the same way only she never really spoke to fondly of her mother.

Again she left is alone.

"....Like Ethan Addams, if me Mum give us a chance, chances are Ethan will and your Mum would come around to" she said tiring to cover up her near slip.

She smiled slightly again at the mention of playing the organ. "Not really... Mum wanted me to learn the basic's and I could choose if I liked it or not... I only had one or two lessons on the piano before.... well before she and Dad.... passed. She taught me to play the violin and sing though" she said.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 am

Demyan nodded. "Definitely easier said than done. I mean, there's no telling how big the group of purgers were in the past... let alone who they were. At least, if time stays true, we'd know who to protect and when. But I don't know that much about time travel, myself," he contributed to the conversation. "For all we know our going back will completely change things... good thing there'll be fifteen of us, huh?"

When she looked away, Demyan couldn't help but wonder who she'd been about to name. His first thought was possibly her father. What else would cause her to look away so suddenly? The teen was about to risk placing a comforting hand at her shoulder when she mentioned the name of his godfather. His movement faltered slightly before he did it anyway. "Y'know, I forgot all about my godfather teaching there... if anybody'd be able to talk them into believing us it'd probably be him, huh? The man was a chatterbox!" A slight laugh punctuated his sentence.

"Violin's nice - Grandpa Kaminski played violin from time to time..." Demyan offered, not quite sure what else to say in regards to music.

"Umm... about those ghosts... they had a proposition for the lot of us. Especially those, like us, that didn't get our full education at Hogwarts before... well..." Demyan began, though couldn't really bring up the fact that Hogwarts was razed due to Rossalyn's mother's death. Instead he gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze with the hope to soothe whatever he might've just brought to the surface again. "They want to teach us to use our magic... and how to use old magic or something of the sort since they said something about it belonging to their clan... that they think would help us win against the purgers. What do you think?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:26 am

Rossalyn nodded "I don't know much about time tavel either, ya think about it much it gives ya a major headache. So yeah I would think 15 heads would be better then less" she said with a smile.

She blinked when he put his hand on her shoulder, and she smiled in relief, he hadn't picked up who she had been thinking about it. She hadn't upset him.

She laughed at his discription of Ethan, "Yeah that is what me Mum always said about him, it was always quiet a trick to get him to stop talking" she said in amusment.

"Umm... about those ghosts... they had a proposition for the lot of us. Especially those, like us, that didn't get our full education at Hogwarts before... well..."

Before her mother died, yes... That had to had been what he had meant.

The light almost comforting squeeze on her shoulder proved that, momentarily she stiffened as she saw in her minds eyes her parents dead bodies laying together.

When her mother died the wards around hogwarts crumbled under the presure of purgers, and the castle was overrun. She hadn't even finished her first year.

She swallowed and answered his question about what she thought about the Idea.

"I think it is a great idea, us and the other kids could use more knowledge, Tav can only teach so much. Anything helpful they could teach would be wonderful when we go back to the past........ These purgers are no amatures, Mum and dad were really good Duelers and they were still defeated.......by that monster" her voice had darkened by the end. The condition her mother had been in when she died had been horrible. She would never forget it, as much as it made a shiver go down her spine.

She looked over at Demyan, there were no tears in her eyes, however a certain deterination and fire in her eyes. If there was something these ghost could teach her and the rest of them to prevent her parents awful deaths she would do it hands down.

She with out really thinking placed her hand on top of Demyans that was still on her shoulder, and held on to it.

"I am in" she said.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Demyan nodded, glad that she agreed. As her tone turned darker in reference to the purgers that had killed her parents, the teen couldn't really blame her for wanting to avenge her parents' death. Demyan had the same goal in mind, too. It was likely what was on all of their minds: avenging their parents of the present and preventing the deaths of their parents of the past.

Boy... Rossalyn was right: major headache when one really gave it thought.

The lad had expected to find tears in her eyes, afraid that he'd upset her. Not seeing any, finding only determination and fire within, made him realize her inner strength even clearer than before. They were all resilient. Whatever the ghosts had to teach them would make them stronger and much more apt to deal with what will surely be hurled at them.

A sensation of something doing an exuberant loop-de-loop in his chest overwhelmed him as Rossalyn held onto his hand. When she said she was in, Demyan nodded and gently squeezed her hand. "We'll find who did this and put an end to it. I promise," he murmured, though looking into his eyes one would find a similar fire to Rossalyn's burning in the emerald depths. The young wizard meant every word of the statement, too.

"Do you think you could help me convince the others? The faster we get everyone together, the faster we can learn so we can kick some Purger A- ... er, I mean Bum!" Demyan asked, a slightly sheepish look overcoming his features. Normally he didn't care how he said things to people, but the lad often did his best to keep his mouth 'clean' around Rossa. Though, he was fairly certain that after all they'd been through, he would've been quite within his rights as someone who'd had their life upheaved to have used the phrase he'd nearly used.

Demyan had certainly said worse things... in various languages, no less.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Rossalyn smiled and she felt oddly assured by his promise. None of them really had the chance to take revenge for there lost loved ones. For it wouldn't really get them anything, other then get killed them selves.

"I believe you" she said quietly seeing the familar look of deterination in his green eyes that mirrored her own sky blue ones.

She laughed and nodded.

" Aye Of course I will help convince the others, it shouldn't be very hard, anything we can learn to save our parents form their unjust fate. People will jump at the chance.
And no need the cencenor your self Demi, I grew up with 2 older brothers, and around here one hears and say cuss words everyday" she in amusment.

"Plus one can hardly blame ya" she said, unless she lost count Demyan and his sisters lost more then one set of Parents.

She didn't know what her and Edan would have done it Tav hadn't been around to take care of them.

"As far as I am concered Demyan, you have the right curse" she said with a nod.

"So what time should I tell everyone to meet these ghost firends of yours?" she said.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Demyan nodded. "I certainly jumped at the chance," he replied with a chuckle so quiet one almost would say he hadn't so much as snickered even though his tone was light. However, he did laugh a little about the censoring. "Small part of that's likely my fault..." he joked and placed a hand behind his head. Raven hair shifted as the teen scratched the area. The corners of his mouth twitched upward to prove he had no guilt about it.

"Way I see it, everyone has that right here - even the twins. Wonder if that's what they're sayin' in that language from time to time. Gaelic, isn't it?" he added, though couldn't remember if the language he was referring to was Gaelic, or German, or some other 'g'-ish-sounding name. Whatever it was, Demyan hardly knew a lick of it. English, Russian, and Parseltongue were the three languages he knew how to communicate in.

At her question, Demyan blinked. That was something he hadn't discussed with the spectral trio. "Umm... I dunno. Whenever we're all congregated, I guess. Best they'd tell me, they don't go anywhere other then the Chapel. Kinda boring, I know... I tried asking them if they went anywhere else about the keep, but all I got was a nasty smart-ass remark from 'Luci'..." he answered, feeling as though he came up short on information for Rossa. The teen couldn't help but chuckle at his own statement regarding Lucifer, though.

"Can't say I was being too nice to him in the first place, so I guess I deserved it," he snickered, completely unbothered by the consequences of his own actions.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Rossa laughed softly at the suggestion to the twin and the language they spoke in some times.

"No idea, though might be, heaven knows I swear in Scottish all the time" she said with a sheepish look on her face.

She listened to explanation regarding the where abouts of the meeting and she raised her eye brow in the imposed confrontation the 'Luci' ghost.

She laughed "Being as charming as ever with the new found ghosts I see. What did you say to them?" she said amusement showing in her eyes.

"Hmm Luci.. now is that short for something? what are their names any way?" she asked curious.

Before he could answer the timer she set for the food went off.

"Ah, it is done" she said as she got up to going and get it.

Walking closer to the pot of boiling food she mumbled "lets see of I can do this without burning meself shale we?" she said as she cautiously handled the pot and turned the temperature down.

However as luck would have it the pot of... whatever it was had not done enough of a disaster in the kitchen apparently.

A steam bubble burst out from under the lid causing Rossalyn to jump and her grip on the pot to falter. Causing the pot to slowly tip over the edge and there was little Rossalyn could do to stop it from spilling all over the floor and her feet other then moving her hand to the pot it's self to regain its balance.

If someone had ever had to hold on to a hot potato and had no where to put it, would now exactly how Rossalyn felt at that moment. As her hand was pushed up against the hot metal of the boiling pot.

She hissed as she bit her tongue and pushed the pot back fully on to the stove. "Ow... ouch"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Demyan couldn't help but grin further at her sheepishness. "If it's a language I know, I've pretty much learned how to swear in it. English, Russian, Parseltongue... not exactly fluent in Japanese but I've taught myself a couple of those, too," he explained. "Could teach ya what I know - then we'd be multi-lingual cuss-masters!" The boy laughed at the suggested accolade for the pair of them.

"Great Merlin... I don't remember what all I said to them... I remember quite a few effings, and I told Luci to shove his lecture on staying alive 'up his incorporeal ass'. He just loved that one," Demyan chuckled, sarcasm dripping off the last statement. The teenager had paused in his cliffnotes version of events when he'd heard the buzzer.

Even though Rossalyn said she didn't need any help with anything, Demyan stood and walked a short distance behind her. He was curious to see what was cooking. It certainly smelled good! Just because there was a lid on the pan didn't mean anything. The boy jumped when she jumped, though hadn't noticed the predicament Rossa was in until after she had touched the pan.

Demyan could have used his wand to levitate the pot back to where it belonged. However, Demyan had pretty much forgotten he was a wizard the moment he realized that the girl he fancied was in danger of getting hurt by hot food. Without even thinking, he took the few steps from his place to the stove and snatched up the metal pot without even flinching.

"Are you all right?" he asked, unable to feel the pain of the heat or the fact that the hot metal would surely leave burns on his hands that would only worsen the longer he held onto it. Demyan really wasn't thinking about his own well being, considering he couldn't feel what was happening to his hands at all.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 pm

Rossa laughed at his description of how he talked to the ghost named Luci. "Loved to see that" she said with a chuckle.

After Demyan took the pot out of her hands she dashed to the tap to run it under cold water.

" Aye I'll live, just hurts.." she said as she looked at her hand to see blisters start to form. "It will heal.

Then she turned around to see Demyan still hanging on to the very hot pot.

"Dami I know ya can't feel the heat, but for Merlins sake put the pot down..... oh your poor hands" she said feeling very guilty for having to have Demyan help her and him "hurting" him self in the process.

Of course she didn't realize the nic name.

She walked over to him and for the moment ignoring her scrotching hand. she needed to see how badly he burnt his hands.... because of her her she add as a guilty after thought.

If he burned them to badly he could scar permanantly.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:06 pm

"I swear if the man was livin' he'd have likely tanned my hide for saying even have of the things I said," Demyan laughed. It was easier to talk to Rossa about it rather than relive the memories like he was unconsciously doing earlier.

It didn't surprise him that Rossalyn ran passed him to get to the faucet. Because he'd never experienced the pain of being burned, he had no idea what exactly water did for it. He assumed it cooled down the affected area, but Demyan couldn't really be sure.

The condition inherited from his mother had been with him since birth, insofar as he was aware. Despite the complications of it - such as the complication of holding a very hot pot with one's bare hands - the lad was proud to bear a semblance of something his mother was also subject to. In an odd sort of way... he felt connected even more connected to her. Certainly, if she were alive today, she'd be able to relate to some of his own goof-ups?

Demyan nearly burst out laughing at the nickname Rossalyn used - practically the same one Maximus had dubbed him with. Instead, he sort of snickered and placed the pot on one of the other burners on the stove. The lad watched it for a moment to make sure it didn't do a repeat performance of attempting to tip over before turning fully towards Rossa.

Emerald eyes glanced quickly at the palms of their owner's hands. They were pink and blistered, with a few of said blisters having already burst under the heat. Luckily, they appeared to be only second-degree burns. Even though he knew why he couldn't feel the pain, seeing what he saw without having felt it was still a bit odd. Returning his gaze to Rossalyn, who was quickly approaching, Demyan immediately crammed his hands into his pockets in an attempt to hide the damage done.

"My hands're fine..." he offered hastily, in an attempt to wave off the possibility of injury without actually waving anything. "They'll heal," Demyan added, mirroring her own response. It didn't matter to him how badly he'd hurt himself as he hadn't felt it, and it felt better to know he had helped Rossalyn out of her own tight spot with the scorching pan. Demyan decided that, though it wasn't exactly the most cunning of moves, he would do it again in a heartbeat when or if the situation arose.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 12:34 am

Rossa shook her head when she saw him stuff his hands into his pockets.

"My hands're fine...They'll heal,"

Holding out her good hand to him she said "Let me see, they'll only heal properly if ya treat it right"

Her other hand still felt like it was on fire, but she wanted to see his hands first, he had more direct contact with the hot pot then she did, so his hands would be worse then hers.

"Ya could get a infection if ya just let it heal on its own, especially if the blisters burst" she said concerned.

"Allow me ta heal em... please? It is the least I could do" she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Demyan was a little wary about letting her see. He didn't want her to feel guilty about it. The burns were caused by his own mistake of holding on to the pot longer than necessary, not because she'd made him hold it for that long a time. This was a rather awkward situation to be in. On one hand he could insistently refuse, with the possible repercussion of Rossalyn’s frustration and a few days worth of strained relations. On the other hand he could show her his hands as she asked... how much could it really hurt to let her examine the extent of the burns?

The teenager compromised, offering her his dominant right hand first. Demyan coiled his fingers and revealed his palm, which wasn’t blistered quite as bad as his fingertips. In fact, the direct center of said area was only an irritated pink. Blisters formed a circle right around it, though. “Same can be said for you...” he muttered with a bit of play to his voice. “I dunno if they burst or not... can’t feel a thing wrong, really.”

At Rossa’s request, Demyan nodded and extricated his left hand from its pocket as well. “Just remember: I’m the stupid idiot that didn’t put it down,” he half-laughed, though had a feeling he knew what that quiet tone of voice meant. If she was already feeling guilty he didn’t really want the injury to make her feel moreso... but what choice did he have now?
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Rossalyn winced when Demyan showed his hand, she was relieved he couldn't feel it. it would have been really painful.

"Just because you can't feel anything wrong doesn't mean there isn't" she said moving closer and with her good hand she gently examined his hands, even though she knew he couldn't feel the pain from it, she didn't want to make the burn worse.

"Oh Demyan... I am sorry, it is all my fault. I am such a kluts in the kitchen" she said with tears in her eyes as she removed a golden tiny potions Vile from around her neck.

Bitting her lip and seeing no other choice she placed her burnt hand over Demyans hands. The gold vile in her good hand, she muttered a spell, in a very old language.

A blue glow came from the small vile and traveled down Rossalyn arm and hand to on to Demyans brunt hands. After about a minute the burns on Demyans vanished as if it hadn't even happened.

Rossa hissed once the spell ended..... her hand was scotching now. But she would deal with it soon.

"T..there, all done" she said with a smile trying to hide the pain in her hand.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:46 am

If one really thought about it, Demyan found it odd that while he couldn't feel the heat of the pot or the pain holding onto it had caused, he could feel Rossalyn's touch. It was a good sort of odd. "Don't talk like that. You weren't the one telling me to keep holding the pot, were you? ...No. I was more concerned about you than myself. It was me that did this, not you," Demyan attempted to console her.

He watched with fascination at the spell, wondering vaguely what language it was spoken in. But Demyan decided not to ask this time round. "Thanks," he said once the spell was complete and took her hand in his.

"How bad is yours?" Demyan asked, glancing down at the hand he held with curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)   Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall) Empty

Back to top Go down

Underground Kitchen and Pantry (with archway leading to Dining Hall)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next