Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) Vote_lcap1Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) Voting_barProfessor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) Vote_rcap 
Eupa
Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) Vote_lcap1Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) Voting_barProfessor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

Number of posts : 1945
Registration date : 2009-05-03
Location : Depends on the character and their state of mind. xD

File
Name: Sevastyan Kaminski
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) Empty
PostSubject: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:28 am

Just like the classroom below, Professor Magnus's office is triangular. Admittedly, it is quite a bit smaller, too... but there is room enough for two armchairs, a couch, coffee table, a small potion-making station, bookshelves, and of course his desk and accompanying chair.

There is a warm, comfortable atmosphere about the room.

If Abraxas can't be found anywhere else, and didn't formally state he was going somewhere, try looking here!
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

Number of posts : 5562
Registration date : 2009-03-26

File
Name: Diana Casillas
Blood Rank: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 am

Diana carried a bit of parchment, looking at it, slightly dismayed. Sure it was late in the year, but she wanted to sign up for Arithmancy. She had wanted to, in the beginning of the year, but there were some scheduling conflicts apparently. However, now she had more than one free blocks and she didn't mind filling it up with one more class.

The art of Arithmancy always fasinated Diana. True, she wasn't exactly the greatest in Muggle Math... but Muggle Math was loads different from Arthmancy. She was pretty sure you didn't need to foil out the numbers to get the square root of pi in the form of matrices in Arthmancy... course, she could be wrong... but she was more than willing to take the chance.

She knocked on the door, a little bit softer than she would on Professor Delanquar's Office, as she did not know this teacher very well.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am

Professor Magnus looked up from a dusty old tome on his desk upon hearing the knock, written entirely in the Greek alphabet. It was almost a whole two centuries older than he was! "Please, come in - the door's open," he called in a fairly congenial tone of voice before wandlessly casting a spell to open said door for the visitor anyway.

"To what do I owe this pleasure, young one?" Abraxas asked as he busied himself with putting away the tome and related parchments. It had been research he brought with him from his group, and was certainly not to be discussed with students. Or anyone, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:50 am

Diana dropped her hand on the handle and pushed the door open. She poked her head in first before the rest of her body followed suit. She saw the Professor put away parchments on his desk and quickly averted her gaze, from his haste to put the papers away she knew it must be private or important... or both. She was unlike her cousin who would have probably wanted to know just what exactly those papers were and she looked back down on her schedule and pretended not to see them.

"I'm Diana Casillas sir," Diana said clearly. "And I was wondering if there was space left in your class..."
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Abraxas immediately stood to welcome the student, gesturing that she was welcome to make herself at home. "Ah, yes. Of course - there's always room for one more," he replied.

"¿Qué usted sabe actualmente sobre Arithmancy, Senorita Casillas?" the professor asked her, switching languages briefly. He had heard about some of the students being at least bilingual.

((Okay... I used an online translator, so to make sure this is what I had in mind for him to say: "What do you presently know about Arithmancy, Miss Casillas?"))
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:46 pm

"No mucho, pero... pero soy muy interesado acerca del sujeto y yo querría aprender más." Diana replied delightedly. Diana was highly surprised that the Professor replied to her in Spanish, but it was a pleasant surprise. Spanish reminded her of home, of Spain... of her Grandfather...

((Not much but... but I am very interested about the subject and I would like to learn more))
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:38 pm

"Si hay interés, uno aprenderá a su debido tiempo," Abraxas replied with a slight smile. If there is interest, one will learn in due time. It was something he tended to tell himself again and again as a boy, and personally he found it to be rather true. "And the same can be said of any discipline..." he added, reverting back to English for the time being.

"Is there anything I can get you to drink, Miss Casillas? I have a wide variety of tea... hot chocolate...?" he offered, attempting to play host. Abraxas hadn't really had need to do such a thing or worry about 'standing on ceremony' in approximately half a century.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Diana gave the Professor a small smile when he recited the saying. She briefly wondered how or where he learned Spanish...

"Oh I'd love a cup of hot chocolate," Diana admited. "But I don't want to be an inconvience to you..."
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:35 pm

"It's no trouble at all, Miss Casillas. In fact, I think it's high time for a cuppa tea," Abraxas stated congenially and waved his wand at the various items needed. Two large mugs began to make hot chocolate and tea of their own accord.

"You are one of Hogwarts's two Triwizard Champions, then?" he asked with a small smile curving his lips and sat down once again at his desk, gesturing for Diana to take a seat wherever she felt she'd be most comfortable. "I regret to say I wasn't here for the first task, but the Prophet did cover the event. What was it like for someone of your youth to tackle a couple of Mountain Trolls?" the old man asked warmly, a congenial glint in his eye suggesting he too had confronted mountain trolls before... only not in an arena setting.

Two mugs floated over from the counter and hovered before both professor and student.
Back to top Go down
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Diana smiled and sat down on the chair nearest to her as the hot chocolate was cooking.

She nodded at the Professor's question. "Yes, it was pretty scary. I mean, sure trolls aren't the worst sort of creatures out there but... the mere size of them is quite intimidating. I didn't know what I was doing honestly" - she chuckled nervously - "I just sort of reacted."

"Thank you," Diana said as she reached for the mug. She blew on it a little before she took a little sip. Hmm Chocolate... "If you don't mind me asking sir, why weren't do you there, watching the task I mean?"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:03 am

Deep smile lines made themselves known around the corners of his mouth and eyes as Abraxas beamed at her, and eventually nodded. "Though I do not teach defense, I hope you'll take an old man's advice when I say that sometimes reactions are the best form of defense one can hope to achieve in life-threatening situations.

"When in doubt, always trust your instincts," he advised, providing a good-natured wink to offset the gravity such advice might cause.

The elderly wizard's smile widened at her thanks. At her question, though, it faltered slightly. "I had some... urgent business to attend to, I'm afraid, regarding a group of friends and colleagues I've done a grand amount of research with over the past few decades. Between that and, like a few of both our peers, I'm sure, my arrival was rather a bit late."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)   Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom) Empty

Back to top Go down

Professor Abraxas Magnus's Office (Connected to Arithmancy Classroom)
Page 1 of 1