Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 Vote_lcap1McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 Voting_barMcConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eupa
McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 Vote_lcap1McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 Voting_barMcConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 am

Smiling softly, Ciaran sat beside Kiara and conjured a cool cloth to apply to her warm forehead. He wanted to call a healer, but decided against it. If she became any worse he would, but for now she seemed... fine. He used the word loosely of course.

"Where's it hurt, darlin?" he asked, noticing the wince and grimacing himself. Her pain was his after all. And he would do anything to lessen her agony.

---

Eglantine had just finished descending the stair-case when she saw and heard her grandson enter.

"Hush, love." she murmured, motioning for him to come over to her. Her cane tapped against the floor slightly as she glanced back up the stairs. "Your mother is resting, she is not feeling well." Without pause she continued. "Your father is with her, no need to worry."

((Tav will come in the next post...sorry))
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 am

Kiara wanted to chuckle at his question.. where didn't it hurt would be a better one..

"My... arm" she said breathing out.. "It is okay, though.. it will go, away soon.. Venom making one last stitch effort... to take over.. At least Voldemorts cursed genes seem to be go for something... Resistent to snake venom..." she explained.. seeming to realize he knew nothing of the spell she cast...

The redness flared up her arm... to confirm her words..

___

Beagan bit his lip.. they all knew for there Mum to be in bed it had to be bad... there mother hated wasting time in bed...

"She will be alright? right... something happened... she isn't sick I know it.. she was hurt somehow" Beagan said looking worriedly up the staires... dispite his grandmothers advise not to...

"Did... She do it... Snakes said the heir was here..." he asked quietly.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:07 am

Ciaran rubbed his chin, trying to keep his hands busy as he tried to think of a way to lessen the discomfort his wife was in. Nothing came immediately to mind. He mentally shuddered at her mention of her dark blood-father. It usually was easy to keep from mind that she was indeed Voldemort's daughter. This of course altered in no way his love for her... it just wasn't something he liked to think about.

"A snake bit ya?" he asked, slightly confused.

--

Eglantine nodded.
"Yes, Beagan, she will be fine." she assured him, gently pulling him toward the kitchen.
"Have you eaten?" she asked, doing her best to distract him. Nothing turned a boy's mind like food from her experience.

"Very astute." Her response was followed by a slight smile. "And it is all over and with far more perfect results than it could have had. Your mother wouldn't want you to worry." she reminded.

The door opened and Tav entered, humming softly with a hand behind his back.
"Where's Mum?" he asked, looking around.

Eglantine sighed. So much her thought about Kiara and Ciaran not being disturbed. Had someone called a bloody family gathering...
"She's abed." she murmured.
Tav's face fell as he looked at Beagan's subdued expression and then to the stairs. Without consulting his grandmother, he took the steps three at a time and knocked on the bedroom door.

Sighing, Eglantine tapped her cane rather tensely against the floor incase Beagan had any similar ideas.

--

Ciaran's brow wrinkled as he rose to open the door.
"Tav." he murmured, patting his anxious son's arm.
"Mum, you okay?" the young man asked, a perfect lily clutched in his hand. He'd brought it as a present for his mother, not expecting it to be a 'get well' gift.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:31 am

Kiara shook her head, a small smile on her face.. it was to see why he was confused though..

"No.. Blood magic was requiered... my blood and to break the tether for good.. the dagger used need to be dipped in a potant snake venom" she said calmly..

__

Beagan wanted to fallow his older brother...however, she was right his mother wouldn't want him up there.. and he knew there was little he could do... So hehesitantly stayed where was..

"Had some snacks at Robins house... " he said half heartedly..

__

Kiara sighed when Tav entered wanting nothing more then to sit up and say she was fine.. however doing any of those things would be a obvious lie...

" I will recover in due time Tav, I promise... I will be fine" she said to her step son. She smiled slightly at the flower.. surprisingly it made her feel better a bit....

" Lovely Flower Tav, though I would think you would take some to Kaylie rather then me" she said in a slight chuckle... thinkig it was awfully sweet of him.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:39 am

"Ah, makes sense." he muttered, shrugging. The entire process sounded awful and he fought to keep from showing his thoughts about it on his face.

--

"Snacks..." Eglantine murmured, her tone fairly neutral though it was a known fact among her children and grandchildren that she didn't approve of snacks without proper meals. In fact she rarely suggested before or after dinner items to eat at all... "Well, maybe you could help me prepare something for dinner." she suggested, opening a nearby cupboard. After all Kiara wouldn't be up to cooking and she doubted Ciaran felt like doing it himself.

--

Tav went to her side and gave her a smile, laying the flower on the pillow beside her head.
"That's good." he murmured, kissing her forehead.
"No, I got her a rose. This is just for you." he winked, producing another present, this one a small box of imported chocolates. "Of course Beagan will probably get the most of these." he chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.
"How'd this happen?"
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Kiara sighed, no it didn't really make sence.. dark magic never did...
__

Beagan personally wanted to go up to his parents room and see his mother... he doubted anyone was really althat hungry anyway with what happened.
It wasn't that he didn't want to help cook, he helped his parents or whoever was doing the cooking all the time.. At the moment though he wasn't in the cooking mood... but somehow he got the feeling that wasn't an excuse his grandmother would accept..

"Alight" he said with a sigh.. "what are we making?" he asked.

__

((Beagan is alergic to chocolate))

Kiara's heart felt like melting at the gifts he brought , and since she was sure he didn't know she was unwell. He brought them for no real reason.

"Thank you Tav, very sweet of you" she said chucklling slightly and useing her good hand to pat his arm. "Love you to" she said with a smile, and true to form she opened the chocolates and levited one to Ciaran and one to Tav.. "I will have some later" she said. When her stomach didn't feel like it had been stabbed wich it had....

Her smile faultered at the question as to how this happened... for she knew Tav would react badly. For merlin sake... if Ciaran the one with unlimited Patience and understanding would get mad... the was no telling how Tav would react...

"Alright sit, and promise me you won't do anything to rash?" she said as she conjured a chair beside her bed for him to sit. "I will explain, but warn you now... you are not going to like it..." her face serious now.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:31 am

"No need to be so enthusiastic." Eglantine muttered, her tone slightly sarcastic. Pulling a bowl from the cupboard, she set it on the island.
"Colcannon... since I noticed the cabbage in the refrigerator and the potatoes." Levitating the potatoes from the top of the cabinet, she set them in front of Beagan. "Ten should be adequate." she hinted.

---

Tav sighed, grimacing slightly as he remembered his brother's allergy to chocolate. Well there went acting like nothing was wrong. He only forgot things that important when greatly upset or flustered...or both.

Taking the piece offered him, Ciaran set it aside, not very hungry. Tav ate his, if only to not worry his mother about why he wouldn't.

Tav nodded, preparing himself for the worse possible thing his mum could say.
"Okay, I promise."
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:12 am

Beagan sighed and muttered " Sorry.." his eyes still strayed to up staires..

He looked at the bowl and nodded, getting up he got the pealer from a cupbored. As he started to peal he sighed again..

"You think anyone will actually be hungry Grandmama?" he asked looking up form the task at hand.

__

Kiara sighed.. " I will hold you to that promise Tav.." she muttered before took a deep breath gathering her nerv to explain what happened.

"Serena came over, with a request for me... To break the soul tether between us. She found the counter spell I wrote many years ago. The spell.. has side effects to the caster. Effects I currantly have right now. But it was sucessful.. The tether is gone" She said looking at Tav.

"So that is it.. this nothing but side effect of my own spell" she said hoping Tav would understand and hoping he didn't ask the difficult questions or jump to conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:32 am

"No, probably not, love." she murmured, preparing the cabbage and bacon. "But that does not mean they do not need to eat."
She glanced over to where he was peeling and sighed, setting the shredded cabbage aside.
"When you finish, cube them and put them in the pot."

--

The name of Serena nearly blew the young wizard from the room, but he gritted his teeth and remained silent, just as he had promised. Each continued word felt like an anvil against him.
That was it? How could his mother say that?! Serena had no doubt had not a scratch on that ungrateful smirking face of hers. And his mother was lying in bed looking like death warmed over. He wanted to destroy something and quickly.

"Tav?" Ciaran ventured, not liking how silent his oldest was being.

"Oh..." he finally muttered. "Well I hope you feel better soon." Tav kissed his mum's forehead and rose from the bed. He planned to visit a certain witch very soon.

Despite his parents, he hurried from the room and rushed down the stairs, red flashing before his eyes as his wand itched in his hand.

"Where does Serena live?" he asked, finding Eglantine and Beagan working in the kitchen. His grandmother blinked at him, confusion flashing believably in her green eyes.
"How would I know?" she replied, turning back to the cooking bacon.

"I thought you might have looked into it after our first meeting with her." He ground each word out, angry at how long it was taking.
"Perhaps I did." Damn her and that subtle arrogance. Were Beagan not in the room he might have done something rash...
"Where?" he snapped.
"Why do you want to see her?" Eglantine flicked the flame off and set the cooked bacon onto a plate to cool.

At Tav's lack of reply, she sighed.
"Your mother wouldn't want you to do anything, Tavish." she admonished.
"How could I not! Did you see her up there?!" he tried to lower his voice, but the emotion rose higher with each word.
"Yes, I did."
"Then how can you bloody just stand there and ask me why?!" Eglantine's eyes darkened.
"You will not speak that way around your brother." she stated, dangerously calm.

Had Tav been thinking clearly he would have zipped at that point, but he missed the hints.
"I'll speak however I want. Now where is Serena?" He actually pointed his wand at his grandmother this time, not planning to use it, but hoping it might show a more seriousness to the situation.

There was a seemingly long moment caught up in the passing second that Eglantine and Tav exchanged different but clearly annoyed glances.
Finally, she held out the slip of paper for Tav.
He reached to take it, but she pulled it away.
"You have erred." she murmured, as he snatched it.

The door slammed moments later followed by the pop of apparation.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:12 am

Beagan sighed " You have a point... " he conceeded.

He nodded as he continued to peel the potoaos...

__

Kiara was worried, Tav had left to quietly... to calmly.

"He is going to do something rash...." she said to Ciaran..

Then she heard his shouts from down stairs and grimpced wishing she could jump out of bed and talk some sence in to her Son's head...

"Erm... Damn it.. I shouldn't have mentioned Serena at all..." she said trying to sit up dispite the pain in her stomach.. She placed her injured arm over it.. the added pressure making the pain not so bad..

__

Beagan just stared wided eyed at Tav through out is rant, he even jumped when his older brother drew his wand.

With a thumping heart Beagan looked up stairs.. "Sorry Grandmama.. I have to see" he said running up the stairs intent on seeing why his brother was so angry...
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 am

"Aye, love." Ciaran murmured, tears pricking at his eyes. "But he's a grown lad now. We can't keep holdin him down." he wanted to rush after the younger man himself, but that wouldn't help. He had to trust that Tav was strong enough to do the right thing.

Raised shouts cast a doubtful shadow over his thoughts, but he ignored it. Taking her uninjured hand, he patted it.
"It's not yar fault. He'd a found out anyway." he soothed.

--

Eglantine waited until Beagan's footsteps had faded from the stairway before she cursed in german, hitting the island with a clenched fist. Molten rage boiled within her for a brief moment before she carefully schooled it back behind her neatly arranged mask. She felt bruised and stung by Tav's words... and the thoughts that laid behind them.

Writing a brief note: Returned home, firecall if anything is needed, she finished the potatoes and cabbage, cooking the remaining ingredients and with a flash of magic set the finished meal on the island. Sooner or later someone would find it...

Cane in hand she headed out the back door, where she apparated back to the McKevin home.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:13 am

Kiara sighed, tears once again entering her eyes as she lent her head on Ciaran's arm..

"I suppose.... " she muttered and sighed

Then scared looking 11 year old Beagan entered there room, and seeing both his parents look upset didn't help him in the least.

"W.. what happened? Why was Tav so mad? I.. I never seen him so angry before... he pointed his wand at Grandmama and everything... he he.. what happened?" he said roughly explaining why he was now scared...

"Mum? You will be alright? Right?" he asked fearful she wouldn't be and that was why Tav was so upset....

He looked between his mum and Dad for answers..
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:57 am

Attempting to soothe his wife, Ciaran gently pulled her into his arms, stroking her hair and good arm. A few kisses found themselves on her hair and he closed his eyes.

As Beagan launched himself into the room, he nearly jumped, startled. It worried him to see his youngest looking so upset and he ushered the boy closer.
"It's okay, lad." he murmured. "Tav's just angry with Serena. Not yar grandmama or us." he smiled softly.

He left Kiara's response to her.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 am

Kiara sighed and motioned for Beagan to come to her, it worried her Tav had been as angry to pull his wand, but friction was always between Tav and Eglantine sincer her turn those years ago.. She supposed the friction would always remain.

"It will be alright sweet... Tav was angry I was hurt, but I will be fine I promise..." she said running her hand through his dark hair.

Beagan nodded, "Okay... I have made a note never to get on Tav's bad side though" he declared.

Kiara had a small smile on her face, " I don't think you have to worry about doing that honey..." she said softly.

"He did what he did to protect his family" she said, even though she didn't want him to do it... she could understand why he did... perfectly well.. she would have done the same in his shoes...

Beagan nodded in his mothers arms but said nothing..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)   McConn August 2 2038 (fixed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

McConn August 2 2038 (fixed)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2