Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 Vote_lcap1Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 Voting_barLessons and Assignments - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eupa
Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 Vote_lcap1Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 Voting_barLessons and Assignments - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

Lessons and Assignments

Go down 
+13
stylesmile
The_Revenger
Becca_Diggory
Leonhart231
Raven
Lilly_Dumbledore
Casey Silvertongue
Zabby Gallagher
Lacklustre
Amy Avalon
sub_rosa
Eupa
Headmistress Kiara
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lacklustre
Professor
Professor
Lacklustre

Number of posts : 5562
Registration date : 2009-03-26

File
Name: Diana Casillas
Blood Rank: Half blood

Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 11:17 am

"Sorry I don't bow down to peer pressure." Helena said raising her head up high.
Back to top Go down
Amy Avalon
Seventh year
Seventh year
Amy Avalon

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2009-04-24

File
Name: Amy and Aiden Avalon
Blood Rank: Mixed Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Aiden and Amy said nothing secertly glad the gryffindor refused to go. Which gave Aiden an excuse not to.

For his boggert wasn't some that could be made into something funny, it was a sight permanetly burned into his mind, he would never forget it. Amy half dead on her knees looking defeated.

For Amy's sake and his own he would not go up.
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

Number of posts : 4807
Registration date : 2009-03-21

File
Name: Ana Vaight
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Ana rolled his eyes.
"Then perhaps a good phrase would be saved by the bell...when it rings...Or when the new prof. orders us to stop. Whichever."
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

Number of posts : 1945
Registration date : 2009-05-03
Location : Depends on the character and their state of mind. xD

File
Name: Sevastyan Kaminski

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:29 pm

((Lol - I take it that's my cue, Eupa?))

Sevastyan surveyed the class as pretty much each student took their turn in dealing with the boggart. 'They all did very vell,' he noted silently. The boggart was currently back in the desk, which was actually quite convenient, because Sevastyan could cast the desk closed and locked without having to wrestle the boggart back into its normal habitat. The moment the bell rang, he did precisely that.

"Vell done, all of you!" he spoke over the loudness of the bell. "Please do not forget the homevork assignment on the board. Class dismissed!"

((Homework was written down at the start of the lesson, but I'll include it again here:

1. True or False: The boggart is notorious for stalking its prey in groups. (2 points)
2. Name at least one condition the Ministry of Magic uses to classify certain creatures as being inherently Dark that can be applied to the boggart. (2 points)
3. The Riddikulus spell was ultimately derived from which Latin word? (2 points)
4. Describe the mental preparation one must take before casting the Riddikulus spell. (2 points)
5. Name three objects or places where you would be most likely to encounter a boggart in the setting of a household. (2 points)

Extra Credit
Analyze Your Fears - Examine what form the boggart took or would have taken in class, and explain the reason why you believe this form frightens you. How might knowing more about your fear prepare you for future boggart attacks? (10 points)

Due May 22))
Back to top Go down
Eupa
Professor
Professor
Eupa

Number of posts : 4807
Registration date : 2009-03-21

File
Name: Ana Vaight

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:32 pm

((Lol it might've been...))

"Yes, saved by the bell...this time."
Ana picked up her bag and stood up, kicking her chair under the table with her heel.
"What's next?" She asked, turning to the twins.
Back to top Go down
Zabby Gallagher
Fouth year
Fouth year

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Zabby walked into the class with Haydon. She sat down with Haydon on the other side of the table. She smiled lightly. "Ready for class she asked?"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Sevastyan had taken the time out to plan his second class even further ahead. However, he’d forgotten one crucial detail and had to leave. Vaguely he mused what the students would think about the large tank of water at the back of the classroom, which in a way resembled a small in-ground swimming pool, with the grindylows in it. The Russian wondered what the students would make of the animated dementor mannequin trailing behind him.

With an intrigued quirk of a brow at the open door, for he was fairly certain he’d closed it last time, Sevastyan strode into the room with the fake dementor in tow. Once within the confines of the classroom, Sevastyan non-verbally altered the spell on the dummy to make it lurk through the aisles of students just like a normal dementor would... happiness-sucking not included.

“You two are here early,” Sevastyan remarked pleasantly and began to write homework questions on the board, wand acting like an overgrown piece of chalk as he waved it about to form the words.
Back to top Go down
Zabby Gallagher
Fouth year
Fouth year

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:04 pm

Zabby smiled lightly. "Yes, sir. I hope we didn't mess anything up too bad..."
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:10 am

Sevastyan surveyed the classroom briefly, checking for anything amiss. He didn't find anything, and completely ignored the dementor. "Everything appears to be in order, not to vorry," he said and resumed writing on the board. "It is good to see you both apparently in the mood to learn. Neither of you are afraid of vater, I hope?"

As if on cue, a grindylow peeked its head out from the murky depths of the tank at the back of the room. It seemed to be a mostly in-ground pool, yet had enough of it raised up like a large tank so one could watch the creatures swimming. There was also an archway and a few stairs leading into the tank.

Meanwhile the Dementor-mannequin continued to glide between the aisles, slowly coming upon Miss Gallagher and her friend. It sounded as though it took in a rattling breath.... but the atmosphere hadn't changed a bit.

Sevastyan couldn't help but smirk at his handiwork on the almost realistic representation. Not many of his colleagues had liked the surprise they got when they'd first seen it back in Russia... perhaps if there was a student fascinated by the class he would give it away after the official lesson about Dementors. He could always make another one, and it would give said student something to practice the Patronus Charm on. Admittedly it was very advanced magic, and likely to be discussed in the new class the headmistress had added to the roster.

Looking rather far into the future, though not literally as he'd never bothered much with Divination, Sevastyan wondered if the students would indeed be getting a double-dose of Patronus lectures this year.
Back to top Go down
Zabby Gallagher
Fouth year
Fouth year

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:29 am

((OOC: I can't remember his last name. WHat is it?))

Both Zabby and Haydon shook their heads. "No, sir," Haydon said.

Zabby looked where the professor was looking. "Oh! Grindylow! I love grindylows!"

Haydon frowned and pointed. "Zabby...?"

She looked over at the dementor. "It's not real, is it, Professor." Her wand was in her hand, as she thought of a happy memory.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 4:28 am

((I see it was answered in the chatbox... but I'll answer it anyway so that way it won't look like I ignored you: it's Kaminski))

Sevastyan nodded, glad to hear they weren't afraid of water. Those with hydrophobia probably weren't going to like this lesson one bit, even though actual getting in the water wouldn't be necessary unless they really wanted to. Considering, however, he hadn't sent out a notice to wear swim-clothes, it seemed clear that diving right in wasn't what he'd had in mind.

At Miss Gallagher's exclamation about the creatures, Professor Kaminski practically beamed. "Then you vill enjoy this lesson, I am sure. Ve vill be vorking vith them today," he said.

When their attentions shifted to the Dementor, Sevastyan gave it a peripheral glance but otherwise ignored it. "I vould not put any of you in danger," he answered reassuringly. "Are you both familiar vith the signs associated vith a Dementor's presence - the creeping, icy cold and feelings of dread? Does it feel that vay in the room now?" Sevastyan asked. It was indeed fake: the room was at a comfortable temperature and bright as opposed to dimly lit. However, he wanted them to deduce this on their own.

Letting them take this all in for a few moments, Sevastyan withdrew his wand and magically plucked off the fake Dementor's head, revealing nothing more than a floating frame and cloth beneath. "See? Using your other senses, in addition to your eyes, vill allow you to defend yourself much more readily," the Russian explained rather cheerfully and replaced the Dementor's head, sending it away from the pair with another flick of his wand.
Back to top Go down
Zabby Gallagher
Fouth year
Fouth year

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:06 am

Zabby and Haydon both slipped their wands back into their pockets at the same time with the same florish. Zabby shook her head. "No, sir. I am and I don't feel those." She giggled when the head came off. "Now, that's a good trick. Have you done that before, Professor Kaminski?"

She smiled. "What are you going to do with the grindylow after this class is over?" she asked, looking at the little animal swimming around the tank.

Haydon grinned. "Can we get in the water with it later, Professor?"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:31 am

"I have alvays taught about dementors vith a mannequin like this vone," he replied. "And at least vonce I'm requested to pull its head off in some vay." A laugh punctuated this anecdote. "Perhaps, after ve have a somevot practical lesson concerning Dementors, I vill let vone of the students take this vone: it vould make a good decoration for 'Halloveen'. I can alvays make another."

Looking to the grindylow swimming about the tank, Sevastyan smiled in regards to her question. "I vill probably return them to the lake, vhere they belong. There are five grindylows in there, actually...

"And yes, Mr. Dalton, if you vish to actually get into the tank vith them I vill allow it. For those not qvite comfortable vith the vater, however, I have devised a vay to simulate the experience. The practical lesson, vonce the rest of the students have arrived, vill be to protect yourself against them."
Back to top Go down
Zabby Gallagher
Fouth year
Fouth year

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:35 am

Haydon and Zabby grinned the same grin. "Sweet!" they crowed, high fiving each other.
Back to top Go down
Casey Silvertongue
Third year
Third year
Casey Silvertongue

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Casey smiled as she watched the grindylows swinmming around in the trunk. It would be amusing to see the other student interact with them.

Her beast speaing ability made it impossible or any animal to attack her, well exept animagi but hey.
Back to top Go down
Lilly_Dumbledore
First year
First year

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:23 am

Lilly walked in a little late. "Sorry I'm late."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Seventh year
Seventh year
Raven

Number of posts : 1429

File
Name: Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Raven rose her hand and asked the professor, "Is is to late to do the extra credit to earn points for my house?"
Back to top Go down
Leonhart231
First year
First year
Leonhart231

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:00 pm

*Walks over to the professor*
"Umm...excuse me, sir? Is this Defense Against the Dark Arts? I'm sorry, it's only my second day."
*Sees Raven*
"Oh, hello."
*Obviously not happy to see her again*
"Nice to see you again so soon."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Seventh year
Seventh year
Raven

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:44 am

Raven glared at him, "Oh, hello again," She said with a bored voice and looked at the board to write down more notes.
Back to top Go down
Becca_Diggory
Fouth year
Fouth year
Becca_Diggory

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-07-25

File
Name: Becca Diggory & Delilah Duran

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:55 am

Becca came skipping in the classroom and sat by Raven and smiled "Hi Raven!!!" she put all her books on the table and got some parchment out and a quill to write the notes down.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Seventh year
Seventh year
Raven

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:03 am

Raven noticed the Hufflepuff girl sitting next to her and sighed, "Hello Becca," she knew she wasn't going to get any peace and quiet around here. She tried her best to write down all the notes on the board to get it done and over with.
Back to top Go down
Becca_Diggory
Fouth year
Fouth year
Becca_Diggory

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-07-25

File
Name: Becca Diggory & Delilah Duran

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Becca looked over Raven's paper. "Wow your almost done how do you do that?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Seventh year
Seventh year
Raven

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Raven pushed Becca away from her, "Please don't look over my shoulder it's aggravating! And I did it so fast by NO INTERRUPTIONS!" Raven said angrily getting very annoyed by Becca. She was about to snap her quill in half but then calmed herself down and took a deep breath and continued writing.
Back to top Go down
Leonhart231
First year
First year
Leonhart231

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm

*Stands up*
"Hey, you don't have shove her like that."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Seventh year
Seventh year
Raven

File

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:29 pm

"You don't need to tell me what to do!" Raven snapped at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons and Assignments   Lessons and Assignments - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lessons and Assignments
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next