Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
December 13, 2035 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
December 13, 2035 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
December 13, 2035 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
December 13, 2035 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
December 13, 2035 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
December 13, 2035 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
December 13, 2035 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
December 13, 2035 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
December 13, 2035 Vote_lcap1December 13, 2035 Voting_barDecember 13, 2035 Vote_rcap 
Eupa
December 13, 2035 Vote_lcap1December 13, 2035 Voting_barDecember 13, 2035 Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

December 13, 2035

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:32 am

After having invited a former student, David Venice, to a pre-Christmas family dinner, the McKevin family prepared for the arrival of their guests. Later that same month, they would have a larger family gathering with the full McKevin and McConn families, along with several other families... all in all over a hundred people would gather and therefore it was not hard to reason why the pre-Christmas dinner was a quieter one.

Roast lamb, mashed and cheesed potatoes, rolls, honeyed chicken, gravy, brussels sprouts, broccoli and stewed cabbage was the meal. Ewan and Ean had done a lovely job of setting the table. A place for Horatio at the end, with Eglantine at the other end. Ara and David would be seated at opposite sides, with Ara to Horatio's right and David to Eglantine's left. Ewan would sit beside David, in between him and his father. Emma, David's younger sister would have a high chair in between Ara and Ean, who sat on Eglantine's right, since he had trouble with cutting his food. Edwin was squeezed in between Ara and where Emma would sit.

Although the twins had done well, Ara quickly straightened their crooked efforts with a quick charm and began laying out the food as her mother had it levitate out from the kitchen. Everything smelt wonderful and mouths were salivating at they awaited their guests.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:50 am

David popped just down the street from the McKevin house, with his little Munckin, Emma. He was rather excited and a bit nervous having dinner with his old professors family.

"We here?" Emma asked all bundled up against the cold in her brothers arms.

David chuched and nodded, "Yeah Kiddo.. We're are here, now you remember our talk? best mannors at the professors right?" he asked sounding hopeful.

Emma just smiled and gave him innocent look..

David shock his head with a smile at his toddler sister. "Why do I get the feeling it went in one ear and out the other?" he asked more or less to him self as he walked up to the front door of the McKevin house.

He took a deep breath and knocked, hopeing for the best out of this nights dinner.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:57 am

The knock at the door caused both Ewan and Ean to rush for it, shoving each other as they attempted to get there first.
"It's my turn, stupid!" Ewan shouted, knocking Ean against the wall. Ean retaliated by grabbing the doorknob and twisting it.
"Nu-uh!" The door was more or less yanked open as the battle raged.

Chuckling at his sons, Horatio pulled them apart and greeted David and his sister.
"David! Come in, come in." He offered his hand and winked at the little girl peeking out from her wrappings. "And little Emma is adorable. Wonderful you could make it! Not too cold was it? Dinner's all ready. And warm drinks all around."

He shut the door as the boys tore off to get to their seats, anxious to eat.
"You'll have to excuse my youngest two. They get a bit hyper before lunch."
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 am

David smiled and chuckled " Not at all Professor, I know how that is" he said automaticly going in to the habit of calling him of his old title without thinking about it even though Horatio hadn't been a professor in a few years now.

He put Emma down and started helping her off with all her winter gear.

"It is a bit nippy outside, but we bundled up right Munchkin?" he asked.

Emma nodded, her gold curls bouncing around on her head.

As David removed her thick coat, scarf and mittens to reveal her wearing a cute red sweater with a christmas tree on it and a black skirt. After he helped Emma with her things he removed his own cloak scarf and gloves to reveal a fairly nice black sweater and muggle dress pants.

Picking Emma up again before she could run away somewhere he smiled "If that is dinner I smell it smells wonderful" he said.

"I am honored for the invite Professor, and thanks for allowing Emma to come as well, difficult to find a sitter for the munckin so close to the Holidays" he said with a respect nod of his head.

Emma giggled and blew a kiss at Horatio, her way of thanking him for inviting her.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 am

"Ah, smart man." Horatio chuckled, levitating the coats and other apparel into the closet beside the door. "Nonsense. We were honoured to have you accept. And we are always happy to have another little one around." His smile left little room for else as he steered the younger man toward the dining room. "I'll give you a tour of the house later on. But for now," he waved a hand toward Eglantine, who entered carrying a jug of juice. "My wife, Professor DeLanquar." she nodded to David, gently removing Ewan's elbows from the table.

"A pleasure you could join us, Mr. Venice." She murmured.

"My daughter, Ara." She shyly waved, cheeks flushed from her twin brother's antics at the door.
"Hi..." she smiled.

"Edwin..." The wizard entered the room closely following his mother and happily shook David's hand.
"Great to see you again!" Edwin puffed, cheeks red from the hot stove. "You too, sugar." he gently pinched Emma's cheek.

"And you've already met Ewan and Ean... You can tell them apart by whether they are crying or screaming. Crying is Ean, screaming is Ewan." Edwin chuckled at the family joke, while pulling a highchair out for Emma.
"You get to sit next to me, sugar." he stated proudly as if a duchess was giving him the honour.

"PUT IT DOWN!" Ara hissed loudly, Ewan having stuffed a whole roll into his mouth. Eglantine chuckled softly simply patting the boy's head.
"Won't you be seated, Mr. Venice?" she offered, gesturing to the chair to her side. Sooner or later the McKevin's had all taken their seats and now only Ara's glare and Horatio's patience kept the twins from tearing into the lunch.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:03 am

David smiled and bowed his head politely to each person in turn.

"Pleasure to meet all of you" he said with a smile as he put Emma in the high chair. Emma still as cheery as ever smiled and looked around the room and she giggled at the Twins antics. Andshe smiled as cute as she possible could at Edwin, scensing someone she could win over and make her firend.

David nodded and took a seat, "Thank you ma'am" he said.

He chuckled as Ara glared at the Twins, that was quite a glare, in fact he didn't think he ever seen such vivid brown eyes before.

"Sorry to keep everyone waiting, I appologise if I was late" he said, a slight blush making his way to his face at the thought of them waiting on his and Emma's arrival.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:13 am

A quick blessing as tradition began the meal, quick due to the twins.
"Not at all." Eglantine stated gently assuring David he had not been late. Horatio chuckled.

"Pass the plates this way, before Ewan starts climbing the table legs." Ara blushed with embarrassment, hoping the nice looking young man wouldn't think her family too odd. She found Emma adorable and carefully put small portions of food a plate for her, before passing it to Edwin.

"Food for a princess." Edwin declared, bowing as he placed it before her. "Bon eh?" he finished with a flourish and sat down, ignoring his sister's rolled eyes.

"So, um... Mr. Venice." Ara began, passing the plates down as her father carved the lamb. "What do you do?" Edwin, who had already met David before, yawned pretending to be bored and magically caused Emma's broccoli to turn blue and red.

"Ean hand out of the potatoes." Eglantine admonished softly, not even looking at the boy. He pulled his hand back and smiled cheekily at David, hoping being friendly would save him from later punishment.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:30 am

David breathed in relief when it was assured he wasn't late, he smiled when he saw Emma squeal with delight at Edwin.

He then turned his gaze to Ara, with a kind smile on his lips, "I work at the minstry, as a Record keeper. Not the most interesting of jobs, but it works" he said as he sent a gesture to Emma as she looked at her veggies in amazment as they changed colour. She looked at Edwin again as if asking him to do some more.

"Careful Edwin, make to much of a art show out of her food she won't eat it" David said with amusment in his voice.

He turned back to Ara, " I do hope to be a Teacher one day though. When Emma is old enough I might go back to finish my training." he said.

"Thank you, Ean right?" He said in thanks.

"What of you? Anything you particularly want to do someday?" asked out of curiousity and for converstion.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:43 am

Ara nodded, finding the job interesting. It sounded like a job that took patience... her opinion of David Venice was growing into a like fact.

Laughing, Edwin flipped Ewan's chicken up into the air and charmed it to dance much to his younger brother amusement as he attempted to stab it with his fork.
"Ah, but that would be for the novice." he assured David. "My works make children want to eat." as proof, he gestured to Ean who was eating a pig shaped sprout.

Loving the fact he spoke straight to her, Ara smiled. "What subject?" yes, she liked him. He had future plans and dreams, held back by a desire to take care of his sister... it was adorable.

Ean shyly turned back to his snorting veggies.

"Um... I was thinking about being a curse-breaker, but that's been put on hold for now." she replied.

Eglantine lifted an eyebrow. Her daughter had never before mentioned her career desires.
"Use a spoon, Ewan." she admonished. The boy dropped the mashed potatoes and held out his hands to wipe them on the table cloth. Quick action from Horatio's napkin saved the lace.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 am

David rasied his eye brow at Edwin, as Emma was having a grand time sticking her Brocoli in her mashed potatos.

"Oh yes it seem to be going wonderfuly" he said sarcasticly, but really he was only kidding, Emma ususally played with new food she hadn't had before, she would eat, as soon as desert was threatened she would eat her food.

He smiled at Ara and looked sheepish, "Not entirely sure on that point, would like to teach anything really.. Transfiguation or Defence would be interesting though" he said.

His eye brows rose again this time in interest when she mentioned Curse-breaking, he of course knew she had a child to care for.. Kinda like he did.. He could understand where she was going that department. Life if those under your care were more imortant then your own current dream and plans.

"Very interesting, did you like Defence while in school?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Edwin chuckled in response to David, rolling his eyes.
"It takes a bit of time, man... just be patient." Horatio laughed softly.

"It's only taken us ten years to get Edwin to eat himself..." he joked, causing his son to laugh harder. Oddly Edwin didn't mind being picked on. In fact he seemed to enjoy it. Something, his mother claimed, he picked up from Aunt Esis.

"Both excellent subjects..." Eglantine murmured, feeding Ean a chopped stick of broccoli. "Chew then swallow, love."
Ara nodded.
"Both are interesting. Would you like to teach at Hogwarts or Beauxbatons?" she asked, curious.

"Yeah, um along with Herbology... I thought about being a healer, but I can't stand the sight of blood. Some plants are too dangerous too." she added, flushing.

Horatio and Eglantine exchanged glances. Ten minutes with David was opening up their daughter quicker than her entire life with them.

"Any hobbies, David?" Horatio asked, sawing off another piece of lamb and lifting it to anyone with a raised hand. "Lamb, David?"

"Darling, you've had enough..." Eglantine admonished, pulling Ean's hand down. She rose from the table and disappeared into the kitchen, carrying the empty bowl of mashed potatoes.

Ean and Ewan took their mother's absence to each grab a roll and soak it in butter.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:08 pm

David laughed heartedly at the antics of Edwin and Horatio, there was never a dull moment with them.

He chuckled in amusment again when he noticed Emma pick up her brococli and tried in vain to feed it to Edwin.

"Munckin that is your food, let Edwin eat his" he said gently his eyes still sparkng with amusment.

Hearing Ara's question and turning to her again he laughed slightly, "My french is a bit rusty...it has always been my hope to return to Hogwarts one day" he said, plus though he wouldn't say it, as someone might take offence but the Beauxbatons Headmistress was real nasty pieace of work, she scared him.

" Not to worry Miss Ara, I hear you, I don't even need the sight of blood to get squeamish, and you are quite right there are some real mean plants out there" he said with a shudder. He had the misfortune of running in late for herbology class and had been knockout cold from the scream of a seedling Mandrake.

Then whispered to her "Headaches after waking up from Mandrake scream is the worst" before turning to Horatio.

"Nothing very eciting sir, Used to enjoy flying, haven't had a chance to do it in quite some time though. I taken playing to guitar, and a game of chess at the park when I can, and playing games with Munchkin most of the time " he said with a smile. "As I said, nothing to eciting, and yes thank you it look great" he said accepting the offering of lamb.

At the mention of the word Games Emma laughed and made a peek a boo guesture at anyone who would return it.

The smile never leaving his face, he was having a good time, and Emma seemed to be having alot of fun with Edwin, and he was quite enjoying talking to Ara, She was a fasinating young lady, and quite lovely if he had to admit to him self.

"hmm Miss Ara, have you concidered continuning your studies on your own during free time? That way when there does come a time you are able to persue your dream, you wouldn't have so much to catch up on." he asked. She seemed like a smart young lady, no reason to waste such talant. "I have plenty of books on Curse-breaking, if you are interested that is?"
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:02 am

Edwin transfigured the offered broccoli into candied orange and then immediately had to the same for his two brothers.
"I seem to be very popular today." he exclaimed, innocently, winking at Emma.

"Ah, yes that would be a problem." she chuckled, forgetting the language barrier. "It was just that Mother is a personal friend of the headmistress and she could probably help you get a position there." She laughed softly at his mention of "mean plants". Perhaps he had had bad experiences as well.

His whisper later put fact to her pondering and she nodded, smiling.
"I can imagine." she shuddered.

Horatio watched David and Ara's exchange, face neutral, but mind whirling. He liked David; a good solid student and a fine upright young man. If Ara liked him as well... all the better.

"Sounds like a safe list of hobbies nonetheless." Horatio nodded.

Returning the peek-a-boo gesture, only roaring as well, Edwin tickled Emma under the chin. Ean giggled as he watched, hammering his fork against the table.

"Yes, I've considered it and thank you for the offer." Bookwise her parents had enough to start their own research library...with two whole rooms set aside just for the well sorted books. But the offer was sweet and she wasn't about to turn him down. "Maybe sometime next year." Since it was December... that could mean nearly any amount of time.

"Yay! Dessert!" Edwin and Ewan cheered, beaming as Eglantine returned with several levitating bowls of chocolate custard and vanilla pudding. One settled down to the left of each person's plate, save Emma and Ean, who could probably not be trusted with bowls of pudding...
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 5:50 am

Emma looked at her brocoli turned candy with amazment, her Dad never did that to her food. She giggle and happily started eating the candied firut.

David laughed, he would allow her to have fun for tonight, but if she was to hyper to sleep come her bedtime Edwin would hear about it next time he saw him.

He chuckled and nodded, a slight blush on his cheeks and very relieved he had kept his thoughts to him self about the french Headmistress, he found her incredibly snobbish when he went there for few years of teacher training, he didn't stay long basicly to obvserve a class and take notes on the methods used, he doubted the Headmistress of the school even remembered him after he left.

"That is a kind and clever thought Miss Ara thank you, however I need to get my teachers license before any head of a school will hire me" he said.

He leaned in and whispered to her again, "and I am not sure the Headmistress would like me all that much.." he confessed, he wasn't about to say the feeling would be mutual though.

And speaking of confession, he had to admit to himself, he was quite liking talking to Ara, she was very sweet, but then he had to remind him self this was Ara McKevin, his Professors Daughter and the headmistress of Hogwarts little sister, both of whom were known to be protective of the charming young lady he was talking with. Now he was starting to see why they were protective....

He nodded to Horatio, " Yes, they work well for me" he said.

At the announcement of Desert Emma looked throughly put out that she didn't get a bowl and she pouted at David.

"Ah.. Edwin could you help her with the pudding Please?" he asked.

He nodded at Ara once again immpressed by her additude, indeed if he didn't know she was only 16 he wouldn't have assumed that now.

"Sounds like a smart plan to me Miss Ara" he said with a nod.

"hmmm any other interest? Like things one doesn't learn from a book, you would like music?" he asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:39 am

Edwin chuckled as Emma started to eat the candied orange. It was still broccoli despite its appearance as he had mastered the art of trick transfiguration, thanks to his mother's tutelage.

Ara blushed. "Oh yeah..." she murmured, thinking he was already smart enough to teach anywhere he wanted and having forgotten the fact a license was needed. How silly he must think she was.

Eglantine chuckled softly, picking up David's whispered confession, despite its soft volume, being a feline animagus had it perks.
"Lasharna is not an easy person to impress I'm afraid." she assured him.

Horatio laughed at his wife's statement.
"Nothing is kept from certain people in this family, my boy." he joked. Edwin made a funny face, transfiguring his nose into a cat's and sniffing around Emma and then Ean, much to their pleasure.

Edwin tapped Emma's pudding to make it start changing colours and began to feed it airplane fashion to the adorable child.

Ara smiled.
"Thanks. Yes, I like animals and I play the harp." she offered. She also adored painting, but left that out, not sure if it was something she wanted to say yet.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:40 am

David chuckled again at her blush "Hey, no worries eh" he said thinking she look awfully pretty when she blushed.

However at the reply to his comment about the headmistress being it was his turn to blush red with embarassment.

"Ah.. well that would explain it... I wasn't at all impressive anyway" he said sheepishly, laughing and hoping the heat in his face would go away. "I am sorry" he said for his comment.

Emma giggled and clapped as Edwin fed her pudding, she discovered she loved it, and it was different then the kind her daddy always got.

David trying to forget his former embarrasment he looked again at Ara and smiled at her interest. "The harp, that is a beautiful instrunment, do you play often?" he asked.

"Animals eh? a rather broad topic hmm? he said.with a chuckle. " I find that wonderful, you have a favourite?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Eglantine hid her amusement at David's embarrassment with her napkin.
"There is nothing to apologize for, Mr. Venice." she confessed. "She would not have been impressed had you reformed the entire muggle world and taught all of America french..." her tone was not humorous, but Horatio knew when his wife was joking and promptly began to guffaw to save David from further embarrassment. Ara wished her mother had remained silent... since she had a way of sounding serious even during the funniest jest.

"Mama is a hopeless joker, David." she murmured. Edwin rolled his eyes, poking his sister with the spoon he was using to feed Emma.
"So are you, peanut." he teased. He seemed to enjoy feeding Emma as much as she enjoyed eating the pudding.
"Zoom..." another chocolate plane flew into Emma's mouth.

"Yeah, don't want to fall out of practice." she smiled.
"She has a bunny!" Ewan offered, looking up at David.
"Yeah!" Ean nodded. "Its called Benjamin."
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:59 pm

David laugh slightly, still feeling slightly awkward "I see.." he said suddenly very curious as to what the professor had done to befirend the woman, but didn't feel the need to ask.

He smiled at Ara "Not at all, I got it" he said, though he had to admit to him self the joke maynot have been all that untrue from his immpressions in the woman.

He smiled as he watched Edwin feed his little sister, " You may have firend for life there Edwin" he said happpily.

Emma of course was soaking up all the attention she could and beaming at Edwin for his efforts in feeding her.

"Wonderful to hear miss Ara, I am curious to hear you play one day, if you allow?" he said with a nod to show he was sincere.

He then looked at the twins, he smiled and chuckled again, "Excelent name for a bunny eh? I like it" he said this time nodding to both Ara and the twins.

Emma smiled "Benny ta Bunny!" she declared with a giggle and made her fingers to her head to mimic bunny ears.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:45 am

Edwin shrugged, eyes twinkling. "All in a days work." he chuckled, giving Emma the last bite. "There we go, sugar. All gone."

Wishing he would stop calling her "Miss" but deciding not to say anything about it, Ara smiled. "Maybe after lunch." she offered.
"Well in that case, the harp is in our bedroom, Ara. Go get it." Horatio stated, rising and vanishing the empty dishes from the table. "Lunch appears to be over."

Eglantine finished clearing off the silverware and the like as Ara went to get the harp. Ewan giggled at Emma's reaction to the bunny's name and Ean seemed over the moon with David. He liked attention as well and took all he could.

Setting the heavy instrument down by the sofa chairs, she beckoned for David to come over into the living room.
Edwin pulled Emma out of her highchair and the twins followed his lead as they all got cozy on the sofa chairs. Both Horatio and Eglantine continued with the dishes, allowing their guests and children to relax.

Ara began a celtic melody, her fingers gently running and plucking the strings, the vibrations making a lovely tune.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:28 am

Emma pouted slightly at the news the yummy tasting pudding was gone, but a arched eye brow form her Dad casue her to let out a whine of resignation and hope that she might get to more later.

David headed toward the living room with everyone else, he knelt on the floor next to Edwin who was in a chair holding Emma.

Emma was still quite happy being with Edwin and hugging her small arms around his neck and looking at the Pretty Lady with interest.

As Ara played the sweet beautiful enchanting music, David closed his eyes, soaking it in, it was Beautiful, no other work for it the fit it so perfectly.

Little Emma apparently thought so as well, as she eventually driffed to sleep in Edwins arms, having been full from the meal and having the most relaxing music play after.. it was enough to put her into lala land.

David smiled, "That was wonderful Ara, you play beautifully" he said.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:48 am

Ara blushed a deep crimson at David's praise. "Thanks..." she murmured. "Mama plays better." she continued, not sure what to do with the praise. Her parents had always lifted her playing, but David wasn't her parents...

"Not at all true, Mr. Venice. My daughter is simply humble." Eglantine assured him, taking the last few cups into the kitchen.

Smiling Ara sat back from the harp and looked around.
"My brother has a guitar if you want to play." she suggested, hoping she wasn't being to forward or demanding. She wanted to praise his playing as much as he had hers. Edwin chuckled.
"Its never, Edwin play for me... oh no, its go get it Edwin so HE can play." Setting Emma down in his chair, Edwin ran upstairs to fetch the instrument.

Horatio sat down, packing his pipe.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:53 am

David blinked at her suggestion, him play for them? "I don't know.. I don't know many songs, only lullabys to get the Munckin to sleep." he said sounding more then a tad nervous.

Then Emma awoke form her nap and tapped David on the head.

"Edalwiess" she squeeked.

David blinked again and he smiled at his little baby sister. It was her favorite song and would probably work just fine for the purpose.

"Alright Edalwiess..." he said with a chuckle

When Edwin got back with the instrument, David strumed it afew times to get the feel for the unfamiliar guitar that wasn't his own.

"Please if anyone knows this song as well feel free to chime in.." he said before starting to song.

^ the song he plays basicly, only his voice isn't as deep.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:10 am

Ara smiled at David excuses. "Oh come on..." she murmured, pleased when Emma piped up with a suggestion. "That is a lovely song." she smiled at Emma.

Ewan and Ean both pushed each other for more room in their chair as David played the Austrian folksong... but Ara ignored them, it was so beautiful and his voice so full and rich. She didn't want to join it due to the fact it simply sounded so lovely. After he had played through it once, Horatio joined in with David and Ewan tried, although he didn't know the words very well.

Finally fed up with Ewan's shoving, Ean went to his mother, who had seated herself silently in the rocking chair by the window. He settled himself into her lap, despite his size and laid back against her as she stroked his hair. Eglantine hummed softly as Edwin joined in the singing. Finally, Ara began to sing as well.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 am

David smiled as the last note in the song ended, happy that eventually mostly everyone started to sing along as well.

"There.. I hope that was alright... I haven't played for anyone other then Munckin here" he said as he picked a once again sleepy looking Emma who had sat infront of him listening to him sing.

Holding on to her, Emma snuggled herself in Davids shoulder and soon dosed off agian..

Chuckling David stood up, "Is there anywhere I can lay her down her a nap?" he asked softly as he kissed the tobblers forhead.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:34 am

Eglantine had Ean climb off of her lap, due to her legs falling asleep and nodded, motioning for David to follow her upstairs. She opened a room directly off the stairway and stepped aside for him to enter.
It was a cozy room, with blue walls and a baby's theme of clouds and rainbows on the floor and ceiling. The crib was in the centre of the room, made with soft green sheets and blankets.
"She can sleep in here." Eglantine murmured.

In several months, another baby would take the crib as his residence for the next three to four years, but for now she was fine with Emma using it.

Ara used the time David and Eglantine were away to make eye contact with her father.
"Why'd you invite him here, Papa?" she asked, crossing her arms. Horatio just chuckled.
"Oh I get it..." Edwin chuckled. "A match made in heaven." he liked David though... he was smart and sensitive, just the kind of guy his sister needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

December 13, 2035 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 13, 2035   December 13, 2035 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 13, 2035
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next