Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
Defense Office - Page 11 Vote_lcap1Defense Office - Page 11 Voting_barDefense Office - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
Eupa
Defense Office - Page 11 Vote_lcap1Defense Office - Page 11 Voting_barDefense Office - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

Defense Office

Go down 
+2
Eupa
Headmistress Kiara
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

Defense Office - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:33 am

Kiara smiled "Perhaps this one... You have earned the respect and frinedship of many of us here at hogwarts. I know when I think about ways to cheer my self up I think about those I care about, and that they care for me aswell. That can give a powerful memory"
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

Number of posts : 1945
Registration date : 2009-05-03
Location : Depends on the character and their state of mind. xD

File
Name: Sevastyan Kaminski
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:48 am

"That it can," Sevastyan agreed, a smile back on his face, forcing the other half of the dream - or rather the parts he remembered from it - from his mind. "I vill give it a try. And... if ve are vonce again tormented by nightmares, ve could do this again tomorrow," he added, the suggestion of another late-night conversation practically splashed with laughter even though he'd meant it with the utmost sincerity.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:20 am

Kiara nodded in a agreement, "I must say I like the thought of doing this better the dreamless sleep potion." she said.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:39 am

"The potion does have an addicting qvality, I've found, after prolonged use... did you find out about that the hard vay as vell? Or do you not trust potions?" he inquired curiously. He wouldn't be surprised at either answer, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Kiara nodded "incident with the inferi did me in for Dreamless Sleeping potion. I quite after reailsing I was becoming addicted to them. I barely quite.... don't to awaken it again. Did you have the same problem?"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:36 pm

"I did, actually. Though, this past time, I had sincerely considered it but changed my mind at the last moment for the same reasons as you. I'm also a bit... finicky, I think is the vord... ven it comes to potions. If I don't know where it came from or if it isn't being given to me by somevone I trust, I von't take a single sip. Certainly made a few emergency trips to the Healers rather interesting ven I vos a kid!" Sevastyan explained amicably.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Kiara nodded "Understandable, I make most of my own potions so I don't face that problem anymore".

Although her expression went slightly pained, she had learned that the hard way, the healers she went to during the pox epidemic gave her potion the was supposed to prevent her form being contagious.

The potion had been made wrong, she it cost her, her daughter.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 2:55 am

Sevastyan smiled knowingly, an indication he did the same when the occasion called for it. The countenance waned as he noted her expression, though. Had he said something?

"I'm sorry... I take it you have a similar distrust toward healers as vell?" Sevastyan offered tentatively, perceiving a change in the atmosphere as he realized Kiara's expression seemed to be one of pain. It hadn't been his intent to drag up something painful...
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 3:16 am

Kiara push the emotion from her face.

"No need to be sorry, but yes I had a problem with a healer and his potions, he made it wrong, and the conquences of his mistake were.... sever. i don't plan to the same mistake again." she explained.

"Was ther any reason behind your distrust of healers potions?" she asked curoisly.

"You don't have answer if you don't want to?" she reasurred, she didn't want to seem prying.

Last edited by Headmistress Kiara on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 3:34 am

Sevastyan nodded: what had happened to her had always been one of his greatest fears. "Ah - it's nothing major, really," he began and politely waved his hand.

"Aside from the fact I just didn't trust anyvone vearing a vhite coat... the fact that the Healers made my childhood allergic reaction to Valerian root vorse by giving me more of the plant is my only reason. It could have been a fatal misdiagnosis, if not for a rather attentive nurse that commonly vorked abroad. I had no idea, at such a young age, that I vos staring into the eyes of who I vould discover to be my ex-fiancee's aunt..." he explained somewhat wistfully, though tried to remember whom it was he'd discussed Roxane with. It hadn't been Viper... so who was it? His sleep-depraved mind offered no assistance. It had to have been either Kiara or Eglantine...
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 4:14 am

Kiara blinked "I didn't know you had been engaged...."

The she stopped "Sorry probably not something you want to discuss"

Kiara bit her lip she didn't want make Sevastyan feel like he had to answer her, she would understand perfectly if he didn't. Yet if he did want to discuss it she was all ears.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 4:53 am

"I am mostly over the fact my ex-fiancee broke up vith me, so it is no trouble. I thought I had mentioned her, though..." Sevastyan replied, looking curious for a moment but then shrugged it off. "I met her en route tracking my brother, and ve traveled the vorld for a time - before I became a teacher. Betveen a few... issues... regarding my reluctance to travel at the drop of a hat, and her lack of desire for children... and a few other things... Ve decided by mutual agreement to break it off."

"She married some vizard from Czech Republic mere months after ve split up, and had the nerve to send me a vedding invitation. I'm sure you can imagine how vonderbar that felt..." he added, the last sentence darkly muttered as though he still resented having been invited to his former love's wedding to another man. "But ve maintain a... semi-tentative acqvaintanceship. Haven't spoken to her in months since coming here, though." It seemed as though the darkness had vanished as soon as it had arrived.

"Might I randomly ask if you know, by chance, vot Viper's favorite type of flowver might be?" Sevastyan inquired, changing the subject.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:51 am

Kiara listened to his story over his ex fiancee and nodded she could imagine what he must have felt like going through that.

At the question about Vipers favorite flower Kiara went blank, she didn't remember.

"Sorry I don't remember what her favorite flower is... umm why do you want to know? if you don't mind me asking" she asked with a smile on her lip.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:49 am

"Vell, erm..." Sevastyan began hesitantly. He couldn't understand even his own reason for beating around the bush about this. "I vos... just curious. She vos out in the flower beds the other day vith Professor DeLanquar... and I didn't think about asking," the Russian evaded only slightly. He was curious... but he didn't know if Viper would prefer others to know now or if it would be best to keep it a secret until the very last moment that they were going to the Yule Ball together.

"It vould seem as though she likes anything black or green, though..." he altered the topic from flowers to colors. The observation had been made clear while in her quarters, but could also be determined by what she wore around the castle as well.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:06 am

Kiara laughed and shook her head, "Black deffiantly, if her quarter and office are are indication"

It was painfully obvious to Kiara any way that Sevastyan liked Viper, it was amusing seeing him try to get aound the questions she was asking. Then again he braught is up....
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:32 am

Sevastyan couldn't help the surprised look that crossed his face: had Kiara known that he had been led to Viper's personal quarters after the duel? Then again, the whispering probably seemed to indicate... something... along those lines, didn't it? But she did say she didn't think it a bad idea that the two were interacting.

"I... don't know if she vould rather keep it a secret... so you did not hear this from me," Sevastyan explained, a trace of humor ringing clear despite his hesitation. "Ven she and Professor DeLanquar vere in the flower beds, I'd asked to have a vord vith Amaranth. ... And I asked if she vould go vith me to the Yule Ball." There: he'd brought it up, he evaded, and now Sevastyan finally said it! However... he deliberately left out the detail of whether Viper had said 'yes,' or 'no'.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 am

Kiara smiled "Don't worry I won't tell a soul, and in case you are wondering I haven in Viper quarters before and of course office I know of her facination with the color black"

Kiara smile widened at the mention of the ball, she couldn't imagine Viper saying no to Sevastyan so she assumed she said yes. "I thought so, good you two will make a lovely pair"

Then she thought to add something, something she though Sevastyan may be curious over.

"Just so you know, I call her Viper not out disrespect or we don't get along or anything. It is more just a nick name really.Ever since she became head for slyrherin house Viper seemed fit at the time. And it just kinda suck after that, I feel strange calling her Amaranth, she will always be my snappy Head of Slytherin House"

Last edited by Headmistress Kiara on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Sevastyan shifted in his seat, really not certain how to quite go about this conversation. But at least now she knew why he was asking all these odd questions about Viper. "Thank you - I vouldn't vant to start off on the wrong foot if she found out I mentioned it. Unless... she's mentioned it to you already?" he queried.

Vot vould go good - flower-vise - vith black dress robes? I confess that I'm not at all good at such things..." Sevastyan asked, genuinely curious about his friend's opinion.

At the explanation of the naming convention, the Russian nodded. "Slytherin - serpent - Viper... I understand. Ven I met her, I asked if she vould call me by my given name because 'professor' made me sound old. She asked that I do the same, though offered both names as options. So I've since addressed her as Amaranth ven students are not around," he explained.

"Vould she prefer to be known as 'Viper' regardless?" Sevastyan looked very slightly worried: had Viper spoken to Kiara about this, and asked her to speak with him about it?
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Kiara shock her head "I have't spoken with her yet, but I can keep a secret not to worry, plus I don't think she will mind you asking questions."

At his question for the to the flowers she thought for a moment, "Hmm since I don't recall her favorite flower at them moment I would suggest a red rose, red and black can make radiant combination" she said with smile.

In regards to Viper's name and the worried tone in his voice she simpley said "Sevastyan there is one thing about Viper you should know she never offers something she doesn't mean. If she gave you permission to call her Amaranth, she meant it. I just didn't want you to think I was being rube to her or anything" Kiara explained.

Kiara looked up at the time again "Well I think I have kept enough of your time, it is almost morning. Perhaps both of us may be able to get some peaceful sleep for afew hours anyway after this talk hmm" she said as she rose.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:47 pm

The Russian nodded his thanks, glad that she would keep it secret. "Yes, vell..." he trailed off. Sevastyan realized he should likely be asking Viper these questions instead of someone whom they were both friends with. But, on the other hand, he wanted to surprise Viper by the gesture. "I don't vish to appear prying. Not that she vould likely take it that vay..."

Sevastyan seemed to take a moment to imagine a red rose against black cloth. Slowly he nodded, liking the suggested combination. "I vill go vith your suggestion. My ex-fiancee vos rather partial to the color red, and I am vay out of my league ven it comes to flowers," he agreed, allowing a slight laugh. "Roxane - my ex-fiancee - vos rather patient vith that ineptitude. Not so much on other topics, though..."

"Oh, I did not think you vere being rude," Sevastyan shook his head the moment he realized why Kiara preferred to address the woman by her surname.

Once again, Sevastyan stood when Kiara did. However, he made no move to observe the hour. "Very vell. And I suppose a few hours vould be better than none at all," he agreed and wandlessly opened the door. "You vill attempt my advice, right?" the Russian asked, a wide smile forming on his face. He sincerely hoped that, if nothing else, the Headmistress would be more refreshed after a nap of sorts. It wasn't exactly going to be a full night's sleep, because the night part had long since passed. Only the darkness of nightfall remained, and even that would turn to daylight before long.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Kiara smiled and nodded "Yes I will,"

Turning Kiara walked to the door. Once at the door she turned around again.

"And Sevastyan, do me a favor and take your own advise as well hmm? and thanks for tonight. Really it means alot to me" she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:44 pm

"Good," Sevastyan remarked with a slightly stiff bob of his raven head.

Approaching the door, the Russian paused when Kiara turned round to face him again. A grin stretched across his lips at her words. "I vill - promise. And anytime you vant to talk, you know vhere I am and that I vill listen," he said and escorted Kiara into the hall. It was entirely without fear of being thought of as paranoid that he spelled the door locked once they exited.

Turning to Kiara, Sevastyan offered an interestingly comical yet polite bow. "Good morning, and good night, Headmistress," he stated as seriously as he could. Once Sevastyan straightened again he laughed, to show he meant the bow to be taken jovially as opposed to the formality in which it had been used when he first arrived.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:09 am

Kiara nodded and expressed her gratiude again "Thank you, I offer you the same"

Once in the hall Kiara laughed at the bow and did the back "Good morning, and good night, to as well Professor Kaminski"

With a wave she turned and made her way back to her quarters, with the intent on getting afew hours sleep before her day of finailizing the last of her evidence in court. There was no way she would let Sevastyan be taken down by the ministry for saving her.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:13 am

Sevastyan waved back as she left. Once the Headmistress was no longer in sight he made his way towards his own quarters to rest for just a few hours. Sevastyan hoped that both he and Kiara would not be plagued by recurring dreams for at least a couple of evenings. Only time could tell...

((he's headed to his personal quarters))
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:05 pm

A letter flew in to the office addressed to Sevastyan.

Spelled so only he can read it, top secret...

( will tell what note says when he opens it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defense Office   Defense Office - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defense Office
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next